• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer--01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    While doing a search for .458 SOCOM ammo, I seen something about Red Star Ammo made here in Indiana. I Googled it but I couldn't find a website for them. Have any of you guys bought directly from them? If so, how do you buy from them?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    While doing a search for .458 SOCOM ammo, I seen something about Red Star Ammo made here in Indiana. I Googled it but I couldn't find a website for them. Have any of you guys bought directly from them? If so, how do you buy from them?

It's good stuff. I have a popsickle of doe hanging in my shed who could testify as to the effectiveness, if she weren't so dead.:cool:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I spoke with Andrew about that before. I'll leave it to him to explain the decision to stop making it, but I would love to have a local supplier of cost-effective ammunition to support. They're good guys over there.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

deerslayer--01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's good stuff. I have a popsickle of doe hanging in my shed who could testify as to the effectiveness, if she weren't so dead.:cool:

I'm having a piece of Jalapeno flavored doe jerky right now. Took her in November with the Rock River 458. I seen on Rock River's site where they are asking, rather Warning, people to not use Corbon Hunter 300 grain JSP ammo. I use Corbon 300 grain Jacketed Hollow Points, not the JSP. I don't know if there is a difference or not but I own about 250 rounds of the stuff. At $60 a box of 20, I have around $750 worth of ammo that I don't know is safe to fire in my rifle! So to be able to locate another manufacturer would be great! I have heard good stuff about Red Star though!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I spoke with Andrew about that before. I'll leave it to him to explain the decision to stop making it, but I would love to have a local supplier of cost-effective ammunition to support. They're good guys over there.
    As of the last NFA day, Andrew affirmed that he would be starting up again. I don't remember the time frame he mentioned.
    im sure you can find any info. needed on his advertiser thread.

IndyHawkeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I spoke with him about 10 days ago specifically about .458 socom ammo. He is waiting for enough stock on brass, bullets and powder to start producing and reloading for people but he is going to start again soon

Top Bottom