• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vietboy1st

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Boston, MAss
    for me i would go with eotech because you can open both eyes wide shooting it to the target up to 400 yards. Aimpoint most of the time I have to close one eye and other to peek at the sight. But everybody has their own opinion :)

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    for me i would go with eotech because you can open both eyes wide shooting it to the target up to 400 yards. Aimpoint most of the time I have to close one eye and other to peek at the sight. But everybody has their own opinion :)

The Aimpoint functions the same as far as eye relief goes. The Aimpoint was made to be used both eyes open. The only thing I really can agree with, is that the 4MOA dot on the aimpoint will seem large against a target further than 300m away. If you do get an Aimpoint I suggest the 2MOA one (Smaller Dot). If it's bright enough your eyes will pick it up. I actually prefer the Aimpiont for anything past CQB distance as it has less going on since it's just 1 small dot and not a large image like the EOtech has.

To each his own though, if you plan on doing or practicing CBQ the EOtech might be the best all around way to go. That large image is easy to pick up on. If you are doing intermediate distances such as some CQB and maybe targets up to 350 I think an Aimpoint is slightly better suited for that. I know you said you don't want to spend much, but I think the best all around way to go is get the ACOG that has the fiber optics that you can apply the two eye concept to use in CQB similar to an red dot scope (It takes practice to get your eyes to work together to do this efficiently) and it gives you a huge advantage when shooting at targets up to 600m.

Good luck with your choice. As long as you get a decent brand scope I think you will be happy with what you get. Remember don't go cheap on your scope. If you master all the basics of firing, but you use a junk scope, you will probably not get as good results as someone who is only a decent shooter and has the better optics. You can't hit what you can't see.

From my past experience, you might think you can get away with a knockoff Aimpoint or EOtech, but the first day on the range, you will wish you put that money on a real optic...

P.S. Take what I say at face value, I don't mean to disrespect anyone else's views or opinions on this or any matter. In fact I consider myself to be novice as most in regards to shooting. After looking over my post a few times, I think I needed to clear that up.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My AR came with an NCStar halo sight on it. It's a piece of junk. I've run a standard BSA red dot and a Tru-glo red dot sight and am happy with the TruGlo. Eventually, I'll upgrade to an EOTech, but until then, the TruGlo with a set of Troy BUIS work for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom