• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I must admit, I looked at the instructor bios on their website and chuckled a bit...
    They might be the nicest guys in the world, but I would like to see a little more weight in the resume department before I part with my money.
    Not one military combat veteran listed, but they seem to feel qualified to teach "combat mindset"... Interesting.
    Of course, these are just my initial thoughts from browsing their website. I'll reserve total judgement until I actually meet someone who has heard of them and attended their courses.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I find it more than a little ironic that he would choose to alienate what is arguably the largest single gathering area for firearms enthusiasts in the Midwestern United States by being a D-bag and plagiarizing other people's work and backing it with a weak apology and an even weaker resume...
    But, hey... At least now we know.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    First off I haven't taken any classes or trained with this company. If I can come up with the extra rounds I may take this class and report back.

On a side note I work with one of the instructors but was totaly unware that he was working or training with this company. He is a good guy and a good trainer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    First off I haven't taken any classes or trained with this company. If I can come up with the extra rounds I may take this class and report back.

On a side note I work with one of the instructors but was totaly unware that he was working or training with this company. He is a good guy and a good trainer.

So ... any idea why they essentially cut an pasted EAG course descriptions onto their web site when they first announced their presence to us? The guy who was posting here got really bent out of shape when very logical, appropriate questions were posed to him.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    So ... any idea why they essentially cut an pasted EAG course descriptions onto their web site when they first announced their presence to us? The guy who was posting here got really bent out of shape when very logical, appropriate questions were posed to him.

Rhino,

Sorry can't answer that one. The guy I work with is listed as a trainer, but not the same guy that posted on the forum.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Heh! Ask him about it the next time you talk to him! :D

Wish I could, but the guy I work with is not the owner of the company. When he comes back to work next week, I will ask him about the company and their training.

Do you want to me to see if I can get you a discount for the next training. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I noticed the course descriptions on their site have been revised so they no longer read like a carbon copy of EAG. BUT... the verbage that is now up reads like a slightly "off" translation from another language.

L2CC-004 Is a 2 day class on how to fight with the carbine. This course is a slightly intense course. This course will involve alot of shooting on the move, shooting from your dominate side and your backup side, using cover and not crowding your cover, instinctive style shooting, clearing an area, and more. We really stress the proper mindset at any of our courses. We try to give you the will the desire to fight, to train to live and be able to make it out of any situation. This course will push you and make you realize some things you might have never thought of before. We bring personal experiences and past history to influence you.

These guys might be the best trainers in the whole wide world, but that doesn't mean a thing nothing if they don't know how to market themselves or even put two coherent words together.

I'd never heard of RDT prior to their posting here, and I still don't know of anyone (on INGO or otherwise) who has taken a class from these guys – that can't be said for any of the other local schools of which I'm aware (even that "ninja" dude in Richmond).

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wish I could, but the guy I work with is not the owner of the company. When he comes back to work next week, I will ask him about the company and their training.

Do you want to me to see if I can get you a discount for the next training. :dunno:

Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait until after you go through it to decide.

And of course I'm messing with you.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I'll take up for Red Dot , one thing you dont have to be ex-military to train,are you saying police cant be qualified ? Lots of police shoot many more rounds downrange and have more entry & clearing training hours than most military,with exception of special forces/seal teams and practice use almost daily,unlike most military. The training by Red Dot is legit,i been there before the owner went into offering training

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Rhino ,I see your plugging your site ,should we all question you and Adaptive Consulting & Training? You train there or are a trainer?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    just wanted to put on here that i know the guy that posted on here. he really is a great guy and would never lie to you or steer you the wrong way. i have never taken any classes but i do know several people that have and they all seem to have nothing but good things to say. i would never hesitate to go to battle with this man. he really knows his stuff and would never tell you he did if it wasnt true.

just my two cents. for what its worth.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Rhino ,I see your plugging your site ,should we all question you and Adaptive Consulting & Training? You train there or are a trainer?

The big difference there is that Rhino and ACT are known by many here, because a whole bunch of people on this board have trained with them and have given glowing reports.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'll take up for Red Dot , one thing you dont have to be ex-military to train,are you saying police cant be qualified ? Lots of police shoot many more rounds downrange and have more entry & clearing training hours than most military,with exception of special forces/seal teams and practice use almost daily,unlike most military. The training by Red Dot is legit,i been there before the owner went into offering training

You are correct with part of this. I am both former military and LEO and am MUCH better trained now than I was then.

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I've watched the Magpul Dynamics videos, does that mean I can teach a class too?

lol, j/k. Couldn't resist.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The training by Red Dot is legit,i been there before the owner went into offering training

Thanks for stepping up. You're the first person here to have some training back ground with them.

Could you give us a short synopsis of your experience with them? What course did you take?

just wanted to put on here that i know the guy that posted on here.

Thanks for stepping up. It helps when folks can provide some background and first-hand experience on a new and unheard-of training outfit.

Top Bottom