• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Surely this is a thread already out there somewhere, but what do you guys like in the realm of compact 9s?

What has the least recoil, is the lightest and most reliable, easiest to use and most ergonomic?

surely no single gun fits this entire description, but what falls into a lot of them?

I did not see it stated but 'generally' speaking lightest would be in direct opposite of least ('felt') recoil ... although many of these are 'perceived' - and therefore ...

Before someone else says it, my advice is to head to a gun store and handle as many firearms as possible. Even better if you can rent and shoot the ones that feel good in the hand.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I am also looking for a (SUB) compact 9 ... being the highly over-analytical engineer type ... I made a spreadsheet to compare all the spec's ... sizes, capacities, weights (empty vs loaded) and cost ...

My (not so) SHORT List is down to - Taurus PT-111, Springfield XD 3", Bersa Thunder Pro UC, Taurus 24/7 Pro C, S&W M&P Sub Compact, and the Para Hawg 9. The Para is the marginal / 'outside the limits' gun due to price, and is included due to my love of the platform. I also hope to get to shoot most of these to compare to my current SCCY and a friend's FNX.

The FNX would be next on the list but is just a bit bigger than I want for an EDC that MUST stay CC in many instances. Same with the SR9-C.

I don't like the DAO only trigger on many (including my SCCY) and yes, I am classifying the glock type "safe action" type triggers separately. ... I have held MOST of these to evaluate grip (for ME) - which is a large part of why the Glock G26 is not on here.

Go feel up the one's you like - others that are close. See what the triggers are like. and If you can - go shoot them before you buy them.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Personally my top 5 would be.

Glock 26
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9C
    Walther P99 AS compact
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CW9 - if you are on a budget or prefer polymer over steel.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Surely this is a thread already out there somewhere, but what do you guys like in the realm of compact 9s?

What has the least recoil, is the lightest and most reliable, easiest to use and most ergonomic?

surely no single gun fits this entire description, but what falls into a lot of them?

Everyone prefers something different in terms of make and model. Everyone shoots differently when it comes to a specific pistol. Personally I would go with a M&Pc , or a Ruger SR9c. That's my opinion from my experience. You may prefer a Glock or CD. Fondle and shoot as many as you can before you buy. Find what fits you the best. That's the best advice I can give you!

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    I would look at a commander, officers, or the EMPs from Springfield.

Springfield has a great 9mm in the EMP. THats one I would like to have!!!!

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I'm sure these have all been mentioned but what the h*ll, here goes - Smith M&P 9c (my fav), Ruger sr 9c, Taurus PT709 and PT 111, Kahr cw9 but this is just a short list. There are many.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Find yourself a CZ-75 Compact to check out, before you make any decisions. Although I don't own one, I have handled a couple, and they are great pistols.

Top Bottom