• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I was merely mentioning a few other options...that's all.

Sometimes, the shop you want to patronize doesn't have the item that you want. And with transfer times, it might be quite a while before your local shop has the suppressor that you want.

If you want a suppressor sooner than (much) later, you can buy another brand that's currently in-stock at the same dealer or another dealer.

Beech Grove Firearms actually told me that I should look elsewhere for my Stratus since they didn't have any in stock and couldn't give me a timeline of when their next order would be transferred. So, I did that particular transaction at Wanamaker Guns as they had one in stock.

It was late when I replied to your earlier post and after I went and reread it today I realized I might have come off a little different than I meant to... We need more colors like purple for the internet :) I was just trying to add to your post and today it seemed like I was trying to rebut... I was just giving my :twocents:... I haven't shot or heard the stratus, but, there is absolutely no reason to buy a TAC65 in Indiana because a Huntertown arms can is quieter, slightly lighter, slightly shorter, easier to disassemble, and less expensive... I would also group the Mite in the "a little more money, a little less performance" category... The other higher end cans that we mentioned are definitely worth a look if you are willing to spend a little more money... Especially the Liberty Cans... After meeting Dave and the Liberty Team, and getting to check out and shoot their cans at Hush made me a believer... I did realize that I left out the TM Zephyr in my post last night... See above about Hush. Richard and Brooks were great and so were their cans, and I don't even need to tell you how great Cory is... I'll admit that I'm a little biased towards the smaller companies vs. AAC, Gemtech, Silencerco/SWR just for that personal touch... But it's impossible to give 22 can advice without the sparrow...

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Back to the OP - The numbers are in at NFATalk.org. We compared a Guardian 22 to the Sparrow heads up on a GSG 1911. We also compared the Guardian 22 5.25" monocore to the Sparrow on a Ruger 10/22. These tests were conducted with CCI Standard velocity ammunition using the same host weapon. The results follow.

We compared the Guardian 22 6" to the Sparrow on the GSG 1911 pistol. At the muzzle, the Guardian 22 metered at 119.300. The Sparrow metered at 119.380. The Guardian metered lower than the Sparrow. At the left ear, the Guardian 22 metered at 117.750, and the Sparrow at 117.760. At both locations the Guardian 22 was quieter than the Sparrow. Indistinguishable, but quieter.

The Sparrow metered 116.370 dB at the muzzle. The Guardian 22 5.25" metered 117.450. That's just over 1 dB. That is indistinguishable to the human ear.

At the left ear, the Guardian 22 5.25" metered 113.300 dB, while the Sparrow was 115.120. The Guardian 22 5.25" was nearly 2 dB QUIETER than the Sparrow at the ear.

Again, while indistingushable to the human ear, the Guardian 22 is quieter than the Sparrow, and our prototype monocore is quieter at the ear. Not bad for a $200 suppressor compared to a $499 can.

Now the Sparrow is a great suppressor. But this proves in my mind that our Guardian 22 is equal to the challenge at 40% of the cost.

Last edited:

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I am satisfied with my YHM Mite on my 10/22, Charger and 22/45. But many say the are far behind the pack - so I am waiting for a Huntertown Guardian - non stainless now.

Can anyone compare cleaning/disassembly of the YHM Mite to the Guardian?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom