• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Huntertown products are probably the least expensive way to get into a .22LR suppressor these days. For a little more money you can get into a Tactical Innovations TAC65 or Stratus (i have a Stratus) and then into the Gemtech products.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I shot the Guardian at 21st Century's anniversary sale. I was impressed with the build, the design, the cost, and most importantly, how well it performed in the bolt action, semi automatic rifle, and semi auto pistol.

I was so impressed I bought one.

Check them out. While it is hard to get "real" sound to come through on the PC, I think it is still worthwhile to check out YouTube for some reviews or them performing at the range.

Good luck!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I've heard the Guardian side by side with an AAC Prodigy (mine) and a Silencerco Sparrow. The Prodigy has the second best reduction numbers out there after the AAC Element. The Guardian sounded REALLY good and for the money is an excellent buy.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    From what I've heard, on the cheap you can't go wrong with huntertown arms. A bit more $ in, I love my gemtech alpine. I wouldn't advise an outback if you shoot ALOT. User serviceable is very important when it comes to .22. Also, a common mistake is to use uncoated lead in the p22 just to have subsonic loads. Most bulk pack that is coated will remain subsonic in that short barrel. Much cleaner on the can and much cheaper on the wallet!

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    The Huntertown products are probably the least expensive way to get into a .22LR suppressor these days.

That is true...

For a little more money you can get into a Tactical Innovations TAC65 or Stratus (i have a Stratus)

This is the one that confused me... This statement is also true... But... Why would you???:dunno: I could rephrase this to... For a little more money you can get into a Tactical Innovations TAC65 or Stratus that is made from the same materials using the same baffles, is the same size, and will perform the same or worse as the Guardian mentioned above... There is no added value for the additional money...

and then into the Gemtech products.

Although the Outback II does meter better, It is still an K Baffle Can... It has a SS Blast Baffle and Ti Threads,but, At a much higher price... "Caged" K's on the Alpine are cleaner, but still aluminum and still K's... If you are looking into higher end cans... I would bypass Gemtech and reach for some cans that give you added value... Look at the Liberty Kodiak or Essence, or the SWRSilencerco SpectreSparrow, or AAC Element...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That is true...

This is the one that confused me... This statement is also true... But... Why would you???:dunno: I could rephrase this to... For a little more money you can get into a Tactical Innovations TAC65 or Stratus that is made from the same materials using the same baffles, is the same size, and will perform the same or worse as the Guardian mentioned above... There is no added value for the additional money...

Although the Outback II does meter better, It is still an K Baffle Can... It has a SS Blast Baffle and Ti Threads,but, At a much higher price... "Caged" K's on the Alpine are cleaner, but still aluminum and still K's... If you are looking into higher end cans... I would bypass Gemtech and reach for some cans that give you added value... Look at the Liberty Kodiak or Essence, or the SWRSilencerco SpectreSparrow, or AAC Element...

I was merely mentioning a few other options...that's all.

Sometimes, the shop you want to patronize doesn't have the item that you want. And with transfer times, it might be quite a while before your local shop has the suppressor that you want.

If you want a suppressor sooner than (much) later, you can buy another brand that's currently in-stock at the same dealer or another dealer.

Beech Grove Firearms actually told me that I should look elsewhere for my Stratus since they didn't have any in stock and couldn't give me a timeline of when their next order would be transferred. So, I did that particular transaction at Wanamaker Guns as they had one in stock.

What a Ruger 22/45 + Tactical Solutions PacLite upper + Tactical Innovations Stratus might look like:

1-1-255x300.gif

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QEBaVAvco[/ame]

VUPDBlue (left) with a Gemtech OBII, me on the right with a Tac65. Both running on P22's.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    1) Good luck with your purchase, 22 cans are a fun easy way to jump into the silencer game and sound awesome in person.
    2) Go hear some cans in person if you haven't. (videos are ok but not the same)
    There are Title II (class 3) dealers who support this site who can do a demo for you, myself included...hear more than one silencer.
    3) The Huntertown is way quieter than the Tac-65 on every rifle or pistol I have tried them on.
    4) Buy the one you want because you will have it for ever (most likely)
    5) Do some research, Silencer Forum NFA Talk

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I love my Thompson Machine Zephyr XL Picked it up from SSNFA for around 200. I would recommend it to anyone!

[ame]http://youtu.be/2PQQhXG0Ahs[/ame]

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I love my Thompson Machine Zephyr XL Picked it up from SSNFA for around 200. I would recommend it to anyone!

Same here!! Love me XL I use it for pistol and my AR 22 (ammo in vid is just standard CCI even) Great price for a great can.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yaPCrYqVTc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7u3r_et3co[/ame]

Top Bottom