• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am looking for a good gunsmith in Indy, north side preferred.

Here's what I've got - I have an older Russian Vostok CM-2 that is a great shooting rifle. Someone tried to tap it for scope mounts who didn't know what they were doing and needless to say, the holes are about as straight as a dog's hind leg. I have made a limited attempt to re-tap them but have decided I don't want to screw it up any more than it already is. It looks like the holes will have to be filled and then re-drilled and tapped.

Are there any decent gunsmith's on the north side who can do this without a long wait?

Thanks for your feedback.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There used to be one at Gander Mountain. I'm not sure if he is still there, but if not I'm sure they know how to contact him. Also you can try this guy, he threaded my barrels and did some other miscellaneous gun stuff for me.

Larry Hoskins 317-250-9644 he is in the Carmel/Westfield area.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I find it rather interesting that a gunsmith who is being well spoken of in this thread is on another forum bashing INGO members as know-it-all idiots. I refer to Nalcofirearms January 30, 2012 post when he joined INS. While this doesn't reflect on his work it certainly says something about his character!

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    I find it rather interesting that a gunsmith who is being well spoken of in this thread is on another forum bashing INGO members as know-it-all idiots. I refer to Nalcofirearms January 30, 2012 post when he joined INS. While this doesn't reflect on his work it certainly says something about his character!

Who's this you speak of ill be sure to avoid them.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    There used to be one at Gander Mountain. I'm not sure if he is still there, but if not I'm sure they know how to contact him. Also you can try this guy, he threaded my barrels and did some other miscellaneous gun stuff for me.

Larry Hoskins 317-250-9644 he is in the Carmel/Westfield area.

Gander doesn't have a local gunsmith. They ship everything to IL or WI.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    "Hello everyone!
    I am a gunsmith located on the west side of Indianapolis.
    I just found out about this forum and i'm so glad to have found it. I was really getting fed up with the know it all idiots at ingunowners.com. Kudos to the people who started this site!!!!"

Last edited:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

It may be my fault, I was trying to get 50 quality posts. *red face*

ToddR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    Fishers
    I used the services of Nick at Nalco. I was at his place yesterday, actually. He swapped out the sights on my XDM .40. I gather that he said unwelcoming things about this forum. But, as a service provider, he did exactly what he said he was going to do and within the time frame that he promised. I will use him again. He's about 5 miles east of I-65 in Lebanon, IN.

Top Bottom