• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Up until this point I have been a cheapskate when it comes to carry. But I am prepared to venture out and spend a little extra. I have it narrowed down to a crossbreed supertuck and a Theis IWB holster. But my question is how important is a gun belt. I have never owned any belt other than a standard dept store belt. Does a gun belt make that big of a difference when carrying? Especially carrying IWB.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I have a Daltech Bullbelt that I got a gun show a couple months ago and I wear that with a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB. Can't even tell you're wearing a gun half the time. A good gun belt helps with re-tension when you run an IWB holster.

My belt cost me $35 and came with a warranty, plus it's made in Indiana.

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    It maybe is a little less important IWB, but will make a huge difference carrying OWB.

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Meyer4589, how would you recommend the sizing on the Daltech Bull belt? The other companies suggest an accurate measurement + 2 inches but the Daltech site recommends adding 4 inches to the measurement. Does that sound right?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Meyer4589, how would you recommend the sizing on the Daltech Bull belt? The other companies suggest an accurate measurement + 2 inches but the Daltech site recommends adding 4 inches to the measurement. Does that sound right?

You can always make it shorter, longer is a problem. ;)

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Alright just ordered a dual layer belt from Daltech. Their price is much more attractive than the other companies I was looking at.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Yes +4 is right... I ended up trying a couple sizes on because the guy had about every size with him at the show. But I wear 34in jeans so i bumped up to a belt that was 38in

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Awe man, tight doesn't mean impossible does it? I would say I wear slacks and khaki's 90% of the time. Btw, if you use coupon code 'youtube' you get 10% off your order.

Last edited:

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    OK. I think I will be good. BTW, I bought a Theis IWB tuckable holster to wear with it. Looking forward to it.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    A good gun belt definitely makes a HUGE difference wether IWB or OWB, IMHO. I have a Galco cop belt, its a double thickness leather belt I wear with mre 'dressed up' clothes, khakis and such. I have an SOE gear 1.5" cobra duty belt that is incredibly stiff that I wear everyday and it is great for supporting the weight of my G30SF in a kydex IWB holster and an extra 13rd mag. Make the investment in a good gun belt, you definitely will not be disappointed. Many well known trainers and gun writers have said, you can have the world's greatest holster, but if you put it on a mediocre belt, its no good. If you get the right combo of holster/gunbelt, you'll be set up for success.

Top Bottom