• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I am coming into downtown Indy from northern IN Saturday. Hoping to have time at one shop on way out of town, so looking for a recommendation for a shop to stop at in northern Indy. Guess just looking for the biggest, or friendliest, if they coexist LOL

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Drive the extra half hour south to Bradis.

Make it worth while and stop in at Indy Trading Post and Beech Grove Firearms while you're at it.

I don't know of any good shops on the north side.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What side of town will you be on?

There are a few in the Fishers area, a couple "out west", a couple in the Speedway area, a couple on the far east side...

But the vast majority are south of I-70 and span from east to west.

-J-

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Will be downtown, and head north from there. Willing to go a bit east or west as head north, but won't have time to go south

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Probably the closest shop to downtown is 500 Guns in Speedway - west of downtown a few miles. 500 Guns Web Page

There's a pawn shop, West Side Pawn & Loan, not too far south of there at the intersection of 10th St and Alton St.

On the "north side", is KS&E sports on Pendleton Pike, near Pendleton Pike and Post Rd. (just a little to the SW of that intersection, actually, on the N side of P.P.)

I know there are a few in Fishers - but I'm not at all familiar enough to give directions.

Also, in Sheridan, is His & Her's Target Sports 408 S Main St, Sheridan, IN 46069

In Whitestown is Second Amendment Guns. May or may not be open. 6 South Main Street, Whitestown, IN 46075 (317) 769-4867

There are a few in Kokomo if you're going to be through there, too.

-J-

Brushscrubber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I personally would find the time to drive South to Indy Trading Post or Beech Grove Firearms they are still located inside the 465 loop. From downtown ITP is around 5 miles or so almost straight south, and Beech Grove Firearms is roughly 8 miles southeast of downtown. Both have easy access to getting onto 465 and taking the loop back North. You will more than likely spend the extra time getting to those east/west off the beaten path as you would driving to either of these two places.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I personally would find the time to drive South to Indy Trading Post or Beech Grove Firearms they are still located inside the 465 loop. From downtown ITP is around 5 miles or so almost straight south, and Beech Grove Firearms is roughly 8 miles southeast of downtown. Both have easy access to getting onto 465 and taking the loop back North. You will more than likely spend the extra time getting to those east/west off the beaten path as you would driving to either of these two places.

I literally just got done researching all listed and made note of both these shops addresses, plan to hit them both if at all possible time wise. Thanks guys!

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Forgot your purple.

LOL. I was thinking Don's based on their web site, but was surprised only one mention in this thread. So did a quick search on Dons here, saw some of the negative comments, and decided to head a little south instead

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    +1 to Bradis

Throw in Elmore's on there as well. It has mixed reviews on here as far as customer service. I have had good and bad experiences. Go in and and report back as to what you find.

Top Bottom