• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwrin

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Took 8 weeks, but I finally received it!
    Immediately went out and did a mix of CC and OC...CC'd in the mall and saw a movie then switched to my OC holster and went to Walmart and the Speedway gas station.
    No one seemed to notice or seem startled, which is very good...dont really want a bunch of unnecessary or negative attention, I'm all for making the public more comfortable with everyday people carrying.
    Only comment I got was from the cahier at Speedway...she told me to not go and shoot Peter Cottontail lol considering it was the day before Easter. I even educated her on the process of acquiring an LTCH and the laws concerning open and concealed carrying.
    Had a great first experience and I'm glad to be carrying, hopefully I don't get too much **** because I'm only 22.

Also wanna thank everyone on this forum...I have got so much useful information by reading these posts and its made me very comfortable with the idea of carrying.

Thanks everyone

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Took 8 weeks, but I finally received it!
    Immediately went out and did a mix of CC and OC...CC'd in the mall and saw a movie then switched to my OC holster and went to Walmart and the Speedway gas station.
    No one seemed to notice or seem startled, which is very good...dont really want a bunch of unnecessary or negative attention, I'm all for making the public more comfortable with everyday people carrying.
    Only comment I got was from the cahier at Speedway...she told me to not go and shoot Peter Cottontail lol considering it was the day before Easter. I even educated her on the process of acquiring an LTCH and the laws concerning open and concealed carrying.
    Had a great first experience and I'm glad to be carrying, hopefully I don't get too much **** because I'm only 22.

Also wanna thank everyone on this forum...I have got so much useful information by reading these posts and its made me very comfortable with the idea of carrying.

Thanks everyone
    Kinda like driving your car the first time you got your DL isn't it?

bwrin

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Be confident not cocky, when carrying.

absolutely...i know the responsibility that comes with carrying a gun and will be responsible accordingly
    like i said previously, i want the public to be more comfortable with carrying and i wouldn't ruin that possibility by being cocky while carrying

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Thats awesome....now you can contribute in events concerning OC'ing like the one past at Starbucks.

Congrats, educate the world!

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Congrats! I got my LTCH several weeks back, but I finally worked up the courage to OC today. Was a freedom experience for sure!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Congrats. Did you apply electronically or online? I was told I would get mine in 7-10 days. I just applied last week.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    i applied online and went into my local PD to have my fingerprints mailed
    I did the same. Applied online, went to WL PD for electronic printing, then to Sheriff to turn in paperwork and make a change on my application. Hopefully my POSP charge won't delay things.:)

Top Bottom