• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Even in state that have recall provisions in their law it applies only to state and local level offices. All Federal level offices are governed by the US Constitution and the only "recall" provision there is impeachment for "high crimes & misdemeanors".

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    About all we can do is not ever forget about these votes and make sure everyone else we know is reminded about them the next time the Senator(s) come up for re-election.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Elections have consequences.

Stupid ought to hurt.

Barring something egregious, felonious, or some such we should have to feel the pain of our decisions. How else will you know you made a mistake unless you get to feel the repurcusions?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Elections have consequences.

Stupid ought to hurt.

Barring something egregious, felonious, or some such we should have to feel the pain of our decisions. How else will you know you made a mistake unless you get to feel the repurcusions?

Still, some people never learn. A group of dupes, useful idiots, and fellow travelers were telling us up to and after the last presidential election that Obama wouldn't come after us, and it didn't matter who controlled the Senate because "both parties are the same." Now, gun owners are fighting to hang on to our rights and property.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Still, some people never learn. A group of dupes, useful idiots, and fellow travelers were telling us up to and after the last presidential election that Obama wouldn't come after us, and it didn't matter who controlled the Senate because "both parties are the same." Now, gun owners are fighting to hang on to our rights and property.

I think you just agreed with me...stupid ought to hurt.:):

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Even in state that have recall provisions in their law it applies only to state and local level offices. All Federal level offices are governed by the US Constitution and the only "recall" provision there is impeachment for "high crimes & misdemeanors".

Ok. Today Donnelly committed a high crime and misdemeanor by helping to push an agenda to attach the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. That is a violation of his oath of office and should be sufficient for impeachment. Where do we start that process? :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Ok. Today Donnelly committed a high crime and misdemeanor by helping to push an agenda to attach the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. That is a violation of his oath of office and should be sufficient for impeachment. Where do we start that process? :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Senators are not subject to the impeachment process. The Senate would have to vote to eject him. How likely do you think that it?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Is this even possible? I know that Indiana has no provisions currently for recalling elected officials at the state level. I know that some states do, as witnessed by the attempt to recall Governer Walker of Wisconsin. Can this be done to a U.S. Senator and, if so, does this require amending the Indiana Constitution? I know we would have to set the bar pretty high to avoid this during every cycle but if might be worth pursuing in the case of Senator Donnelly who seems to love to promise he is a social conservative and then vote along party lines every time. Even if unsuccessful it might have some impact if a good attempt was made. It could even have the desired effect simply having it brought up in the Indiana House.

Can this be done? Kirk? Anyone?

I only remember him campaigning against Murdock. I don't recall him making any promises other than capitalizing on Murdock's gaffs.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Senators are not subject to the impeachment process. The Senate would have to vote to eject him. How likely do you think that it?

That will never happen. The criminals will all protect each other. After today, there are only 30 that seem to be supporting the people. The rest should be hung.

Top Bottom