• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I bought a used Mossberg 500(a) not too long ago.
    Over the holidays I finally got some time and a little extra $$$ to rebuild it.

Before:
    tumblr_inline_mg2wdzDESR1rossx8.jpg

During:
    tumblr_inline_mg2wp1KykS1rossx8.jpg

After:
    tumblr_inline_mg2wprgXXy1rossx8.jpg

tumblr_inline_mg2wq9c7Zl1rossx8.jpg

It was my first time doing anything more complex than swapping barrels, and I won’t lie... it was tougher than I expected, but if you have a basic understanding of weapon mechanics, you can do it yourself. Although now, I certainly understand why people are wary of changing their forends. It's not impossible... just tedious.

Just had to exercise some patience and remember that if you get in a real bind, YouTube, Google, and the search function of INGO are your friend.

Thanks for looking; I just needed a place to brag. Side note: this is also the first shotgun I've ever owned, so I'm looking forward to the learning curve.
    And joining in on the shotgun vs rifle debates. :rockwoot:

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Also... I'm enjoying the irony that the exact same gun can now be called an assault weapon and be banned by the current standard.

People are so stupid.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

:+1: I'd hate that work to be for naught.

It's my favorite pump gun (and coincidentally the only one I'm familiar with).

In 2009 at Ft. Bliss, I helped train and qualify an entire BCT in three weeks. Not one single mechanical malfunction.
    I've been convinced of their performance ever since.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have a similar plan for my Mossy. :) Can you detail what you did, and ballpark how much time it took and how much it was?

TIA!

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I have a similar plan for my Mossy. :) Can you detail what you did, and ballpark how much time it took and how much it was?

TIA!

Absolutely

ATI Tactical Shotgun Stock Package

It's listed on the website for $184.00 but Pop Guns had it in stock for $94.95
    It's part number A.1.10.1071 and they have a few left as of yesterday.

Magpul angled fore grip
    The price for this is pretty consistent everywhere you look, for $34.95

TacStar sidesaddle carrier
    It's listed for $38.98 on the website, but again, Pop Guns had it in stock for $24.95 so I got it

The whole process took about 4-5 hours. That was mostly due to my incompetence and unfamiliar level of knowledge with shotguns. I put a few things on upside down and then wondered why it wouldn't fit on the gun and had to disassemble/reassemble the correct way, etc.

Also, I changed the butt stock out first, and had to undo all that work later to take the trigger group out and get the forend off. So I definitely suggest starting with the forend unless you feel like taking apart everything you just put together. haha

Total price for the stock package, fore grip, and saddle was $165.67 if you get your stuff from local gun shops.
    Otherwise you're looking at about $260 to order it from the manufacturers.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    I bought a used Mossberg 500(a) not too long ago.
    Over the holidays I finally got some time and a little extra $$$ to rebuild it.

Before:
    tumblr_inline_mg2wdzDESR1rossx8.jpg

During:
    tumblr_inline_mg2wp1KykS1rossx8.jpg

After:
    tumblr_inline_mg2wprgXXy1rossx8.jpg

tumblr_inline_mg2wq9c7Zl1rossx8.jpg

It was my first time doing anything more complex than swapping barrels, and I won’t lie... it was tougher than I expected, but if you have a basic understanding of weapon mechanics, you can do it yourself. Although now, I certainly understand why people are wary of changing their forends. It's not impossible... just tedious.

Just had to exercise some patience and remember that if you get in a real bind, YouTube, Google, and the search function of INGO are your friend.

Thanks for looking; I just needed a place to brag. Side note: this is also the first shotgun I've ever owned, so I'm looking forward to the learning curve.
    And joining in on the shotgun vs rifle debates. :rockwoot:

Looks awesome! Great job!

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Nice work! It is a great feeling the first time you tackle a project like that and get to see the finished product when it's all done. Thanks for taking pics and sharing with all of us. Now get out there and shoot is and tell us about how great it shoots...

Top Bottom