• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since mrjarrell's not around anymore, maybe someone ought to come to deflect this assertion of Reason being the flagship of libertarianism. Maybe they're the flagship of alt-libertarianism?

Maybe Reason was taken over by the Bill Weld faction.

Typical of you people to assume that anyone not blindly shouting into the echo chamber is the enemy. Back in reality, I have no desire to convince anyone that Obama is their friend.

Executive actions don't require anyone to follow his lead by their very nature, and that link was published this year.

Why didn't he ban guns, when the dems had the house, senate, and POTUS, like many here said would happen? I'd expect some Republican led filibusters on gun control measures in the senate?

Fast and Furious was up and running, in spirit rather than in name, under the Bush administration.

I stopped reading at "you people". :rolleyes:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't visit any. I look at an issue and try to figure out which policy brings the most liberty to individuals.

I might look up things written by Murray Rothbard or sometimes even Ron Paul when I'm having a tough time figuring out an issue. Those two really seem to stick to the principles.

I remember Ron Paul, he was that crazy old guy in the primaries a few years ago, but who the heck is this Rothbard cat?

The news never even mentioned him. :scratch: When was he running for POTUS?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember Ron Paul, he was that crazy old guy in the primaries a few years ago, but who the heck is this Rothbard cat?

The news never even mentioned him. :scratch: When was he running for POTUS?
    True, he is no Bob Barr.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    INGO is a homogeneous hive mind where everyone agrees on everything, so much so that we can make blanket statements about who is the savior of INGO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Most Americans tend to think of politicians as their saviors these days.

INGO doesn't stray far from that modern worldview as a group.
    That has always appeared to be so amongst the leftists. Until this election cycle, I thought most people actually on the right looked at our candidate as the lesser of two evils. This cycle has seemed different. A lot of people, that have at least claimed to be on the right, have actually been excited over their candidate. I admit to still being a bit perplexed by it. I voted for Reagan and gladly did so, but had nowhere near the emotional investment that I see now.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That has always appeared to be so amongst the leftists. Until this election cycle, I thought most people actually on the right looked at our candidate as the lesser of two evils. This cycle has seemed different. A lot of people, that have at least claimed to be on the right, have actually been excited over their candidate. I admit to still being a bit perplexed by it. I voted for Reagan and gladly did so, but had nowhere near the emotional investment that I see now.

I should have put "think" in quotes above. So many people feel their "thoughts" these days, thus the emotional investment, even identity association, with their political saviors.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Reagan was to me the ideal president, but (it's likely that you were likewise at least partially motivated by this) so many of us -- myself included -- took such satisfaction in this election as a gigantic middle finger to these SJW losers who have had the last eight years to hector, bully, and even ruin the lives of those they disagree with politically.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Reagan was to me the ideal president, but (it's likely that you were likewise at least partially motivated by this) so many of us -- myself included -- took such satisfaction in this election as a gigantic middle finger to these SJW losers who have had the last eight years to hector, bully, and even ruin the lives of those they disagree with politically.
    That and the corrupt complicit media and the establishment. Trump was the "F.U.-bomb" vote that ultimately made me punch the ticket. I have no shame in admitting that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree. I think Reagan was the best candidate that we could get elected at the time. Knowing you as well as I do from here on INGO, I know that we would agree that we would have liked more (we always do). But that very possibly have kept him from getting elected if not reelected. I didn't feel we had any choice but to vote Trump over Hillary, the rage of the leftists was certainly a big bonus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That and the corrupt complicit media and the establishment. Trump was the "F.U.-bomb" vote that ultimately made me punch the ticket. I have no shame in admitting that.

I agree. I think Reagan was the best candidate that we could get elected at the time. Knowing you as well as I do from here on INGO, I know that we would agree that we would have liked more (we always do). But that very possibly have kept him from getting elected if not reelected. I didn't feel we had any choice but to vote Trump over Hillary, the rage of the leftists was certainly a big bonus.

I like the giant middle finger to the SJWs. I like the "F.U.-bomb" hurled at the corrupt media and establishment. And that's the consolation prize for not getting a better candidate to vote for. I was in a damn good mood towards the end of Tuesday and into the early morning hours of Wednesday. But weeks later it's sinking in that we elected a ****ing reality TV star as President of the United States! And it's still way better than electing a criminal. But holy ****!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He is "also" a reality show star but that is not really what he is known for.
    I would say most people think of Trump as a successful businessman, true or not.
    He has lived as a citizen with the rest of America.
    You guys realize this is the first "regular joe" non military, non lifelong political animal EVER to hold this office or get anywhere near it?
    Change indeed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He is "also" a reality show star but that is not really what he is known for.
    I would say most people think of Trump as a successful businessman, true or not.
    He has lived as a citizen with the rest of America.
    You guys realize this is the first "regular joe" non military, non lifelong political animal EVER to hold this office or get anywhere near it?
    Change indeed.

I would say most Trump fans think of him as a successful businessman. I'm fairly skeptical.

But I guess I've never thought of a reality TV / Real Estate "Billionaire" tycoon as a "regular joe". But, if by that you mean he had no political experience prior to being elected as POTUS, yeah, he's that. I just don't have much faith that inexperience will necessarily be the best attribute to help him make America great again.

Top Bottom