• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So I just received my first RCBS Charge master and loaded some .308 and I am blown away. I have been reloading for three years and it is the best $270 I have spent on reloading equipment. Accurate and easy to use. I would suggest looking on Amazon if you think you may want one as they seem to have the best price I have seen. Thanks to the guys at profire I skipped the hornady system with much satisfaction.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Nice score getting it at that price.
    I don't have one, but I have the PACT version, and it makes reloading, especially with my .30-06 and IMR 4831, a total joy.
    These systems come in particularly handy for extruded powders that don't work well at all through conventional powder measures.
    As a nice bonus, both the scale and dispenser are made in USA, a real rarity today.
    Out of curiosity, is your RCBS unit also made in USA?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks to the guys at profire I skipped the hornady system with much satisfaction.

What was it about the Hornady you/they didn't like? I've been looking at the LnL single stage.

ETA. Just realized you are referring to the powder measure, not press :ugh:

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Same here. I got mine on sale with RCBS rebate and paid with my Cabela's points. Stole it!

Nice addition to the bench. Use it all the time when working up loads and doing small batches of precision rifle. Would recommend.

Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Not sure what exactly sure what they didn't like about the hornady but they said it is worth the extra and $100 isn't enough to sweat over. I will have to check on the country that it was made in.

Wow that is great about the cabelas points! Love it when you get free stuff for buying other stuff.

CCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    Northeast
    I bought a Chargemaster 1500 new in 2006. The dispenser started acting up and finally quit working. I still use the digital scale though.

CCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    Northeast
    If the scale still works you can buy the powder dispenser seperately

I considered that. I ended up powering the dispenser motor so that it works like an electric powder trickler.
    Basically, I have knob that varies the speed of the dispenser.

I do not use it often.

Top Bottom