3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    milkedal.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    We looked into it. It ends up about 6 - 7 bucks a gallon.

There are quite a few places to buy it around Indy, we just decided organic milk is the best we are going to do.

Best not to court the governments ire.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    And for those un informed here, its illegal to sell for human consumption in Indiana and about 20 other states. It IS legal to sell for pets. And Organic raw milk is the best way to go but my animals will settle for raw, at least it has life in it.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Got it. Stupid laws. But why raw milk and not soy or other nut milks? I do not drink much milk myself, and when you think about it, after infancy should we be drinking any milk? Seems that nut milks would be better health wise than pus milk.

Not being a smartass just don't know anything about pro's of raw milk... for you pets.

Of course cheese doesn't count!

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Got it. Stupid laws. But why raw milk and not soy or other nut milks? I do not drink much milk myself, and when you think about it, after infancy should we be drinking any milk? Seems that nut milks would be better health wise than pus milk.

Not being a smartass just don't know anything about pro's of raw milk... for you pets.

Of course cheese doesn't count!
    Maybe this will answer your questions. Im reading about the other milks you mentioned that I was not familiar with.
    A Brief Overview Of The Health Benefits Of Raw Milk

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Does the state regulate human milk? Maybe this is a loophole.

Last edited:

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I received an email a few weeks ago from out Local Growers Guild, and there is a bill in committee in the statehouse to legalize raw milk for human consumption if sold by the farmer. Hopefully it will go through.

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    I would think the best way to get it would to own the animal yourself. If you live near the Amish you might be ale to get some from them. We buy organic for our son and my wife drinks almond milk.

I have heard the Ron Paul is pro raw milk and other natural remedies. I would like to see him capitalize on that more after the election and try to get some bills passed through the house.

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And for those un informed here, its illegal to sell for human consumption in Indiana and about 20 other states. It IS legal to sell for pets. And Organic raw milk is the best way to go but my animals will settle for raw, at least it has life in it.

This is correct. It is illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption but not for pets. It IS legal to own your own cows or goats and drink that milk raw. It is frightening how much better raw milk is for you than pasteurized, which has basically had the nutrients burned out of it.

Goats are a less expensive way to go, and the milk tastes almost exactly the same as raw cow milk.

Top Bottom