• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not voting or voting for some loser is the same thing.

So you view losing freedoms to the War on Drugs, the Patriot Act, and everything else the Republicans have brought us as "winning."

Got it.

I now know where your loyalties lie. They lie with the GOP and not with the American people. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you view losing freedoms to the War on Drugs, the Patriot Act, and everything else the Republicans have brought us as "winning."

Got it.

I now know where your loyalties lie. They lie with the GOP and not with the American people. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Is drug abuse ok, especially when I have to pay for their rehab and the damage they do to society? Can we afford unproductive people who are so screwed up, due to drugs or alcohol, that they keep us from competing against the rest of the world?

I could care less what you do. But when I have to clean up your mess then I have ever right to condemn you.

As for the Patriot Act, is it any different than what every company gathers on you? It is called market research. Besides no one is complaining now that the democrats are using these laws.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is drug abuse ok, especially when I have to pay for their rehab and the damage they do to society? Can we afford unproductive people who are so screwed up, due to drugs or alcohol, that they keep us from competing against the rest of the world?

I could care less what you do. But when I have to clean up your mess then I have ever right to condemn you.
    The problem here is that our tax money is extorted from us and funneled to purposes such as rehab, etc. without our consent, not the drugs themselves. As you said, I don't care what someone else wants to put in his/her body. I care when it affects others without their consent, i.e. drunk driving.
    As for the Patriot Act, is it any different than what every company gathers on you? It is called market research. Besides no one is complaining now that the democrats are using these laws.
    Yes, the "patriot act" is different. I can choose which companies with whom I do business. If I don't like Marsh keeping tabs on what I buy, I can use cash and not use their discount card, or I can get any of several discount cards and use them alternately, and with a false name tied to them. When my country's government is collecting data on people who have committed no crime, I have to wonder what it is they're trying to "market".

Call :tinfoil: all you want, there's no reason to spend the money to find stuff out unless you plan to use it somewhere that justifies the expenditure.

Blessings,
    Bill

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If Gore had gone in the vain of Clinton, he wouldnt have done anything in retaliation. So yeah, i guess it depends on what gore WOULD have done :dunno: We went to "war" with Iraq for all the wrong (fabricated) reasons, when we could have attacked them for their violation of terms imposed after the gulf war. I always thought we went to war in Iraq because it was easier to try and get the terrorists to go there than fighting in the Afghan mountains, while maintaining a front in Afghan getting rid of the training camps etc.

If you genuinely believe that Gore would have just sat back and not done a single thing, then you dont live in reality. He may not have reacted in the immediate manor with the amount of force you would have liked, but he would not have sat back and done absolutely nothing.

Hinde sight is 20/20, and I often wonder if a different reaction to 9/11 would have been more appropriate. Twelve years later and there is no "victory" in the War on Terror. If anything, we lost! We spent billions upon billions of dollars destroying countries and pretending to put them back together, we lost thousands of lives, and ruined thousands more. A different response would probably have been better. Gore probably would have given us a different response.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If you genuinely believe that Gore would have just sat back and not done a single thing, then you dont live in reality. He may not have reacted in the immediate manor with the amount of force you would have liked, but he would not have sat back and done absolutely nothing.

Source? Because my only information lies in the ressponse Clinton used when we were attacked in the 90's.... which was nill

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Source? Because my only information lies in the ressponse Clinton used when we were attacked in the 90's.... which was nill

I seem to distinctly remember Clinton being crucified by the right for firing cruise missiles into Afghanistan to take out Al Queda. Something about wagging the dog, creating a distraction, wanting to institute marshal law to stay in power, etc. If the right would not support missiles in the 1990s, how do you think they would have felt about a ground invasion back then.

You're right though, at least Bush gave us the DHS.:n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I seem to distinctly remember Clinton being crucified by the right for firing cruise missiles into Afghanistan to take out Al Queda. Something about wagging the dog, creating a distraction, wanting to institute marshal law to stay in power, etc. If the right would not support missiles in the 1990s, how do you think they would have felt about a ground invasion back then.

You're right though, at least Bush gave us the DHS.:n00b:

:facepalm: show me where you read about Clinton missiling Afghan because of the 1993 attack on the WTC killing 6.

I dont remember saying "Bush gave us the DHS." :rolleyes:

GG

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    :facepalm: show me where you read about Clinton missiling Afghan because of the 1993 attack on the WTC killing 6.

GG

August 20, 1998.

Clinton cruise-missiled a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory because they were supposedly making nerve gas and were supposedly connected to Bin Laden. Of course that has never been proven, and nobody cries about Clinton lying about WMDs or anything like that. And that factory was the Sudan's main source of medicine until it was destroyed. I wonder how many civilians Clinton's folly was responsible for killing. There's no way to ever know.

Clinton also shot about 75 cruise missiles into Afghanistan at 4 training camps, but the targeted camps were mostly empty.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    August 20, 1998.

Clinton cruise-missiled a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory because they were supposedly making nerve gas and were supposedly connected to Bin Laden. Of course that has never been proven, and nobody cries about Clinton lying about WMDs or anything like that. And that factory was the Sudan's main source of medicine until it was destroyed. I wonder how many civilians Clinton's folly was responsible for killing. There's no way to ever know.

Clinton also shot about 75 cruise missiles into Afghanistan at 4 training camps, but the targeted camps were mostly empty.

ummm .... Look at the date discrepency, 1993 vs 1998, now finish reading the rest of what you copy/pasted .... better yet i'll even provide it, "The attack was in retaliation for the bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed 224 people (including 12 Americans) and injured 5,000 others."

and once again, those "about 75" cruise missiles were not in response to the terrorist attack on US soil.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    ummm .... Look at the date discrepency, 1993 vs 1998, now finish reading the rest of what you copy/pasted .... better yet i'll even provide it, "The attack was in retaliation for the bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed 224 people (including 12 Americans) and injured 5,000 others."

and once again, those "about 75" cruise missiles were not in response to the terrorist attack on US soil.

I should have been more clear in what I was trying to say. I'm aware of the date discrepancy.

This is the only thing I'm aware of that he did at all in regard to Al Qaeda, and all he did was kill some guy at the pharmaceutical plant.

Clinton was an absolute loser.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012

GG

I guess you call capturing the men responsible and sentencing them to 240 years in prison "nill".

You didn't expressly mention the DHS but you praised Bush's response to 911, one of which was to establish the DHS.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I guess you call capturing the men responsible and sentencing them to 240 years in prison "nill".

You didn't expressly mention the DHS but you praised Bush's response to 911, one of which was to establish the DHS.

You're right .... Bush should have just locked up the lone guy that didnt go through with the hijackings for 5 HUNDRED YEARS and called it a day.

Im having trouble finding where i "praised Bushes response to 9/11"

Not voting or voting for some loser is the same thing.

OUCH! Take THAT everyone that didnt vote for Obama!

Top Bottom