• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You can add Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol club to the list, though it's members-only. Non-members are welcome at matches and training, members only (and their guests) all other times. As of now, membership's $100/yr. About 45 min south of Indy, 10 minutes West of I65 exit 68 (Columbus). Rifle range is 400yds. HHRP.org

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You can add Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol club to the list, though it's members-only. Non-members are welcome at matches and training, members only (and their guests) all other times. As of now, membership's $100/yr. About 45 min south of Indy, 10 minutes West of I65 exit 68 (Columbus). Rifle range is 400yds. HHRP.org
    I shot my very first NRA Highpower 100 yd match there with an M1-A back in 1994. Good times. A guy named Archie helped me through it.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I shot my very first NRA Highpower 100 yd match there with an M1-A back in 1994. Good times. A guy named Archie helped me through it.
    Nice. It's been a day since we had an official highpower match. I've had several people say they'd like to shoot them but nobody wants to organize/run them.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Nice. It's been a day since we had an official highpower match. I've had several people say they'd like to shoot them but nobody wants to organize/run them.
    That's a shame. It is the state of the sport right now. There are more exciting brands of rifle competition that are more attractive than the demonstrated proficiency of fundamental marksmanship. At what most call great distance. I still chuckle when talking with some about target shooting and they can't comprehend 200 yards, 600 yards seems impossible, and believe you're lying when you speak of doing it without a scope. Besides, the NRA changed the rules about that.

Good times breed soft men, blah, blah, blah...

Top Bottom