• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    I stopped in Ranger today for the first time on my on-going quest to find a 9mm Shield. The guys were friendly and helpful, and even offered some advice on a couple places else to look.

They had some 5.56 in stock and also some Troy AR mags if anyone is looking.

I will go back again, some of the best staff I have seen in a FW shop.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I stopped in Ranger today for the first time on my on-going quest to find a 9mm Shield. The guys were friendly and helpful, and even offered some advice on a couple places else to look.

They had some 5.56 in stock and also some Troy AR mags if anyone is looking.

I will go back again, some of the best staff I have seen in a FW shop.

Did they have any 10/22's in stock? what was the price on the 5.56?

fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    I didn't notice any of the 10/22 in stock, the selection was pretty wiped out.

It was higher end 5.56, I think in the $17 per 20 range, I wasn't in need so didn't pay that close of attention.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I'm not always on the side of the gun shop owners, but there are so many people that just want to kick the tires and waste peoples time. I was in a shop today and a very nice retired gentleman just would not let the owner go as he asked him question after question after question about ammo that he had no intention to buy. He was bored, so the shop owner became his amusement for the afternoon. There were a couple of other guys in the shop and this guy just wouldn't relent despite the owner trying to acknowlege the other men in the shop. He also kept saying how he didn't have anything else to do. There is of course a balancing act when your're the shop owner, but if you want to be a player in the game you have to actually spend a little money in the shop and build a relationship.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Well if you do find something you really want... don't look at it too long. Russ will insult you and belittle you in front of staff and other customers.

:rolleyes:

OK.......back to reality, Ranger has the best service hands down but their lack of inventory is just devastating to them. I buy what I can there but it is not real often lately because there isn't much there. If you doubt the service, just go ask Freedom Arms or Sniperco or any other shop for help with installing a new trigger group or handguard or sights and see where that gets you. Russ is a service machine as long as you treat him professionally.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne

OK.......back to reality, Ranger has the best service hands down but their lack of inventory is just devastating to them. I buy what I can there but it is not real often lately because there isn't much there. If you doubt the service, just go ask Freedom Arms or Sniperco or any other shop for help with installing a new trigger group or handguard or sights and see where that gets you. Russ is a service machine as long as you treat him professionally.

I agree :)
    Russ takes care of people.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Ranger is top notch. Only place that has confirmed I was getting what I needed before ringing me up. Asked if this is what I intended to get (black, carbine length). Have been other places and have only been told the total.

While it may not mean a whole lot to a bunch of people, but him taking the extra minute to confirm has just gained a long time customer.

Ranger guys are top notch, and had to explain to someone why their shelves are bare: because their markup hasn't changed...just inventory quantities.

Whomever said they were rude, what'd you do? Sweep the entire room or something???

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    When I needed a gas block installed on my AR15 the first place I took it to have it done was RS. Russ took it and had to beat the old one off to get the new one on. He was cool about it. I did have to suffer through know it all Mikes spiel while I waited but whatever. I have purchased a handful of things from there before with no problems. My problem came when Russ insulted me in front of staff and customers while I was looking to BUY a gun. Not just hob knob, but actually BUY a gun.

POST #19

I hate kicking at a dead horse but I was disappointed that this happened.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis

I'd agree. When I visit home I'll stop in and see what they have, but it's generally never anything I want or feel I NEED at the time. Lack of inventory was a killer. One of the guys working there was someone I went to high school with. Couldn't remember his name, but we recognized each other. Very cool.

Freedom Firearms can definitely have less-than-stellar service. I met a friend there three months ago to shoot around noon. No one was in the range area so I went into the shop and was told the range was being shut down because they were so busy. What was disappointing was that my friend and I were the ONLY people waiting for a lane. The store front was swamped, but there was no one waiting for a lane. People were finishing up and leaving too, there were lanes opening up as we waited. But, I gues theye were "too busy" to man the range. Lt. Jenkins was not there. Probably not a coincidence. :rolleyes: We returned a few months later and were able to shoot, much better experience. My uncle was looking for 9mm and they had 124 gr. boxes of RWS. How much was 50 rounds? $26. Limit one box per customer.

Top Bottom