Range rules, or private property shootout?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We usually shoot at our conservation club, but I much prefer private property when I get the chance.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What do a lot of you shoot at? The air?

Of course. The air gets in the way of the bullet on its route to the target :D

I thought I had gotten my yayas out shooting at stuff years ago, then I got a .50bmg a few years ago and just had to shoot some stuff. I made a lot of gravel blowing up basketball sized rocks... Now I do both from time to time. I put stuff behind my target stand so I can both paper punch and see what rounds do on stuff. Last thing I shot was a boombox that had died.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    private. have a clay thrower set up on my fathers land in kentucky. had 5 ppl shooting 3 days after christmas. went through a crap load of ammo and targets.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think it bears pointing out that shooting on private property doesn't mean operating without rules. Indeed, it gives one the ability to only shoot with people that will actually obey safety rules. At a public range, or even private club, we have no such surety.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I shoot at MCFG most of the time, during the week before noon its like I have my own private range

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I would prefer to shoot on private property, but I guess I havn't lived in Indiana long enough to meet someone with property to shoot on. Eigther that or I'm not hanging out at the right place with the right people. So I usually end up going up to Wilber Wright and shooting there.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    Open patio door take 1 step close door open fire 100yds at that location. more yardage if we need or want it. i also belong to Deer Creek Conservation Club.
    :ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    St. Mary's Blue Creek Conservation Club range, Farmland Conservation Club range and family farm in Henry County.

Never have seen any unsafe firearm handling at FCC, most usually shoot by ourselves at SMBCCC and have finicky neighbors near the family farm that cause us some grief at times.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I also prefer private land. But I can't always shoot on private land, so I also use public ranges.
    If someone isn't safe, I'll let them know; or I'l just leave.

Top Bottom