• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :yesway::yesway: I just got back from the range with my new Diamond Back 380. I really like it, the recoil is nothing compared to the P3AT. It did shoot alittle low and left, I was able to adjust the rear sight to take care of the shooting left. It shoot nice groups and wasn't hard to double tap. My only issue was that out of 12 mags through it #10 and #12 mags I had trouble chambering the first round. I figured it was from getting dirty, so when I got home I cleaned it (very easy to strip) to see if that helped, it didn't. I am going to put a call into DB and see if they have any suggestions. I was shooting 90gr PMC FMJ and 90gr Gold Dot JHP. No other issues at all so far, very pleased with the gun. :yesway::yesway:

I will let everyone know how the next range session goes after I talk to DB.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    :rockwoot:sounds good. I wondered how well they shot. Good luck on fixing the problem and keep us :ingo:updated on how helpful they were in fixing the issue.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    About the chambering difficulty:

Do you have trouble loading the final round into the magazine? I ask because I remember shooting a Glock 30 and the tenth (final) round only just fit into the mag. As a result, it was so stuck in place that the Glock couldn't chamber it; I had to always leave out the tenth round. Is the top round easy enough to load on yours?

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the report, I just picked up a Diamondback last Sunday. I'll be sure to do a range report as well. I ordered a spare mag today with the finger ext. and A Galco IWB holster (The holster is made for the Keltec P3AT, but it should work)

Cheers!

csporsche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I just picked up a DB .380. I have been carrying a Kahr .380 and have had issues with it not liking a lot of ammo, so I wanted another carry gun. I love the "Glock" like looks and the finish is great on the DB. On the range I can only describe it as BUTTER. It really shot smoother than other pocket .380's. Recoil was alarmingly smooth. The sites let me shoot very accurately at 10 and even 15 yards if I took my time... knowing that it's use isn't geared towards that kind of shooting, I shot at 10 yards with one hand very quickly, and had 4 of the 6 shots in perfect vital areas, and two lower, still debilitating shots. In the first 75 rounds i had three jams, that could have been my fault in recoil, but after the first 40 rounds I never had another issue. Love it and it is super light to conceal. Seemed like a risk with a new company, but I'm a serious believer.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I would think the recoil would be substantially reduced because it is a locked breech action instead of a blowback.

I had not heard of these until recently. What is the street price running and who has'um?

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do you think this is? Better grip, ergonomics, lower bore axis . . . ?

The loaded weight of the two guns is about the same isn't it?

The guns do weigh about the same.
    Your hand sits up higher on the grip of the DB than it does on the Kel-tec.
    I know I had trouble holding on to the Kel-tec when firing and no trouble holding on to the DB.

The prices I have seen on these is between 310-380.

Top Bottom