• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guess I should have been a bit more specific understanding live fire is vital, I usually do about 50 to a 100 rounds of handgun caliber and 50 or so for rifle caliber a week so out back. I know it does not seem like a lot, but for me its far more productive being able to draw and fire and change positions and fire at different areas, versus standing there and pointing at paper. That is why I was wondering if it was even worth it.

Tonight I got home a bit early and it was already getting dark and a bit cool so I practiced drawing from cover and engaging the steel gongs. I was surprised to see how much muzzle flash there was.

Info is good.....................:yesway:

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    There is no substitute for live fire. Sometimes it taks a while to find a good range indoor or outdoor. In particular one that is run properly, requires shooters to have at least a minimal training, and ideally is operated by Qualified NRA Range Officers.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Really like shooting outside and if you pick your times, a public range is just fine. Most indoor range ventilation is suspect, really don't want to check the level of lead in my blood all the time!

Top Bottom