• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm going up to Lafayette to be with the girlfriend for the weekend. She wants to go shooting (lucky, I know) but I don't know where to take her. I'm counting on the wealth of knowledge INGO has to help me out? Where is the best place up there to shoot? I prefer indoor, but it is not necessary.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I hear they have you sit through a safety video. So schedule an extra 10 or 15 minutes on your trip.

Da Bing

Yeah, read that on their website. Kinda a funny requirement for some people, but I guess they think it's going to benefit more than those it wouldnt benefit. Seems like a nice place. The prices are very reasonable compared to Indy ranges.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm going up to Lafayette to be with the girlfriend for the weekend. She wants to go shooting (lucky, I know) but I don't know where to take her. I'm counting on the wealth of knowledge INGO has to help me out? Where is the best place up there to shoot? I prefer indoor, but it is not necessary.

I shoot at Applied Ballistics...Stan and the guys there are great. You can rent range time, no need to be a member.....it is a very clean and well ventilated indoor range. And you can rent guns as well.

Being your first time...they will require you to watch a 10 minutes safety video....

here is their website

Directions to their range.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yeah, read that on their website. Kinda a funny requirement for some people, but I guess they think it's going to benefit more than those it wouldnt benefit. Seems like a nice place. The prices are very reasonable compared to Indy ranges.

It's a great place...bought my MP Pro there from Stan........been shooting there since May.....

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    +1 to Applied Ballistics. Nice indoor range. Friendly people.

The video takes just a few minutes, the first part is safety and the last bit is a small commercial for some of their classes, etc. While I already knew firearm safety, it never hurts to have a refresher and it makes me much more comfortable knowing that everybody beside me at the range has seen the video as well. You only have to watch it once and then sign a paper card that you carry in your wallet indicating you have seen it before.

Have fun, it's always a good time when the GF wants to shoot!

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Applied Ballistics is about it in the Lafayette area unless you are member at Wildcat Valley Rifle Pistol. I shoot at both locations up there. Stan, Ed, and Dan are all good guys.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    Applied ballistics is easily the best indoor range I've been to, it's clean and the staff is friendly. P.S. if you are a student, you get half off range time ;)

DerFreischutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Lafayette/Fort Wayne
    Just got back from Applied Ballistics. As others have said, easily my favorite indoor range. I've rented one of their Class III full-autos before and really enjoyed the experience. It definitely ups the money factor, but it would make the trip that more more special. I rented a Uzi, but I believe they had some sort of AR pattern rifle and a H&K MP5.

dweezil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fishers
    I've only recently discovered Applied Ballistics -- indoor, air conditioned, people are nice. Highly recommended.

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    :ar15:I shot at ABSI today for the first time and was really impressed with the service and attitude of the establishment, definitely going back to become a member, especially since students with a valid student ID get half price on range related items:rockwoot:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Thanks for the recommendation everyone! We went yesterday to Applied Ballistics and had a great time. After shooting there, I don't know that I will ever shoot at a range in Indy again!

Top Bottom