• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Are there any fun games you can play with your range friends? I was trying to think of something, but all i could come up with would be some sort of darts where I would have to be rich, and make a big dart board out of different colored steel targets. I think itd be fun...but does anyone have anything else, that they like to do for fun and competition at the range (btw im thinking long range shooting, not so much pistols..cuz i know people play with the trees and stuff):ingo:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    clay targets at a long distance, give a specific time limit for them to take out all of them or see who can get the best time and best accuracy.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    The range I shoot has steel silhouette targets at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yds. My boys set them all up, split the targets up to the left and right, and see who can knock them all down first with their .22s. One may take a quick lead, but the long range targets even things out.

Maybe have a "rolling" target and see who can shoot it across a line at a distance.

(I love shooting games.)

ol' poke.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Poker!!

What you need:
    • Deck of cards from the dollar store
    • Big piece of cardboard
    • Stapler

Shuffle the cards and staple face down on the board.
    Take turns shooting your draw. Ante up with the bet. (Chips = rounds) :D

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    thats pretty good....who can take out all 5 tagets in the shortest time.....:yesway:
    thanks, me and my buddy are working out some details to camoflauge some of them lined along a trail, the shooter walks/runs the trail seeing of they can spot and take out all the targets.....we are still planning since there are many safety concerns with this plan. We like to keep it interesting and as difficult as possible.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I always wondered, if you had a long enough range could you play golf using AR-15 golf ball launchers? Would have to have some fairly large holes, but I bet it could be a money maker.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The range by me is run by a bunch of DNR guys with sticks up their butts. You try anything other than shooting paper - slowly - and they scream at you.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    We do "zombies". All sorts of variants you can do. Basic set up we use is only head shots count, set limit on rounds, more zombies every round until zombie count is equal to round count. If you use all rounds without eliminating all targets you are out.

One variant is to start zombies further out and any that don't get eliminated then move up to a closer been each round until they are eliminated or are missed at the closest been and you lose.

Another is to have a set amount of ammo per round for one firearm, and then have a backup arm that has a set amount of ammo for the whole game.

You can play teams as well were a team mate can use excess ammo to clear targets you missed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Walk Back is fun. Put some 3x5 inch index cards or something similar on a back for targets. Start at 10 yards. Anyone who misses is out. Move back five yards and repeat. The person remaining at the longest distance wins.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Whenever I got to the 1500, I pick up a package of playing card targets. They are double sided, and have 6 deck variations to them. Sometimes we shoot face down, at long range we shoot face up so you can aim for your hand.
    Best of all is they are normal target paper, so range nazis dont get all uptight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    clay targets at a long distance, give a specific time limit for them to take out all of them or see who can get the best time and best accuracy.

We use the clays at several distances and do pistols out to 50 yds. Long guns after that.

We have multiple clay launchers. We load up the auto loaders, put a like number of birds in the launchers, to the line and have at it. We have 2 launchers, buddy's show and we have as many as 4. You never know how many or from which direction. Great fun and a lot of birds hit the ground intact.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You could always slip a snapcap in their magazine when their not looking... just testing their malfunction clearing times.

Top Bottom