• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Anyone have a recommendation for a range finder under 130 bucks or so? Going to Alabama for a 4 day hunt in couple weeks and high powered rife is allowed. Don't want to break the bank but don't want to be irresponsible either and leave a cripple on a friends farm.

I doubt I've ever needed to shoot beyond 100 - 125 yd in Indiana hunts and would like to reach out to about 200 with my 30-06. Been practicing but have known distances.

Any advice?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Anyone have a recommendation for a range finder under 130 bucks or so? Going to Alabama for a 4 day hunt in couple weeks and high powered rife is allowed. Don't want to break the bank but don't want to be irresponsible either and leave a cripple on a friends farm.

I doubt I've ever needed to shoot beyond 100 - 125 yd in Indiana hunts and would like to reach out to about 200 with my 30-06. Been practicing but have known distances.

Any advice?

I have a Leupold, the basic model , 4X, 600 yards depending on light and target. You're welcome to borrow it if you want to give it a try. My father has a different model that computes angle for bow, but is 6X, and harder to read in low light.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    What are you hunting?

I would think that within 200 yards, shooting a 30-06 you should be able to estimate range good enough to drop the bullet within a 3 or 4" circle.

I know that with my .308 when I'm popping steel targets I don't even bother making an elevation adjustment inside 250 yards (200 yd zero).

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I have the Bushnell Sport 450. Sport 450 And it is more then enough range finder for most places in Indiana. Just don't buy it straight from Bushnell they overcharge for it. I bought mine new for $135

Last edited:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Just got the Cabelas flyer in the mail for the Hammond store, the Bushnell 450 is $99, 4X magnification, 0-999 yrads +/- 1 yard.

I use mine all the time, once you're in location, shoot the range to several land marks, and when the deer steps inside your shooting range, drop them. Once you have one, you'll never leave it behind.

You can use mine any time, it will sit in the gun room until June when we go to SD for prarie dogs.

Carp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Rangefinder

I picked up a Bushnell 1000 Scout with ARC. Got it barely used and am happy with it. Sometimes you can find demo or refurb units at places like Natchez Shooters Supply.

Top Bottom