• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I spent about 20 seconds looking and found Fiochhi 115gr FMJ for $.19 per round. Steel and reloads, as you noted, can be found for as low as $.16 per round. Now, I get that some people prefer first loaded brass, so they can collect the brass and reload, but if you aren't doing that, properly remanufactured brass and steel make way more economic sense (and since the picture is based on buying ammo new). .50 BMG can typically be found for about $2.50 or less per round, brand new.

It's totally possible this picture was made a couple years ago, at the peak of the panic pricing, but even then, I've never seen .50 BMG get that high per round ($5 yes, $9 no).

Are you counting shipping? Just curious as that normally changes the pricing a bit. I'm one of those who mostly sticks with brass, due to having multiple friends who reload who I pass the brass off to (who are happy to reload me some ammo in exchange) :)

If your price above for Fiocchi did include shipping, please send me the link so I can order some... :):

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Are you counting shipping? Just curious as that normally changes the pricing a bit. I'm one of those who mostly sticks with brass, due to having multiple friends who reload who I pass the brass off to (who are happy to reload me some ammo in exchange) :)

If your price above for Fiocchi did include shipping, please send me the link so I can order some... :):

It did not include shipping:

https://www.laxammo.com/handgun/9mm-ammo/fiocchi-9mm-115-gr-fmj-50rds-2-detail

$208.48 shipped to Indy.

That all being said, I got about 5,000 rounds of 9mm reman (3,000 115gr and 2,000 147gr) shipped to me with free shipping for about $165 per 1k. It's gone up a little bit since then, but still, there are deals to be had. That ammo runs fine through my handguns and submachine guns. It's not match, but it's perfectly fine range ammo.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

$208.48 shipped to Indy.

That all being said, I got about 5,000 rounds of 9mm reman (3,000 115gr and 2,000 147gr) shipped to me with free shipping for about $165 per 1k. It's gone up a little bit since then, but still, there are deals to be had. That ammo runs fine through my handguns and submachine guns. It's not match, but it's perfectly fine range ammo.

Yeah, $210 - $220 is about what I normally pay. That $165 is a nice price :)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

$208.48 shipped to Indy.

Could you let me know the $165 shipped deal? I am ready to order from freedom for another 1k at $187.50 shipped. Always happy to save a little. I keep hearing bad stuff about their ammo. Mine has always gone bang. I use the big manufacturers for ammo that I will go to class with, but think I will use freedom again for the plink stuff.

My M&Ps had a few too many light strikes on the wolf or I would go with another 1k of it. Just don't want the failure drills to be so common.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Could you let me know the $165 shipped deal? I am ready to order from freedom for another 1k at $187.50 shipped. Always happy to save a little. I keep hearing bad stuff about their ammo. Mine has always gone bang. I use the big manufacturers for ammo that I will go to class with, but think I will use freedom again for the plink stuff.

My M&Ps had a few too many light strikes on the wolf or I would go with another 1k of it. Just don't want the failure drills to be so common.

I got that from AmmoClearance.com. I started a thread about them and did a brief review of the ammo (very high level, as I didn't chronograph the ammo or pull it apart or anything).

At the time, they were offering free shipping on orders over $200 and selling the ammo for $155 per 1k. However, now they are only offering free shipping on orders over $500 and they appear to be out of stock on the Leadhead brand 115gr (which is now $175 per 1k).

The cheapest ammo I can find now is:

Rush Creek 115gr for $183.70 shipped
    9mm 115 gr RN TMJ 1000ct bulk bag. ships next business day

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You ever shoot the rush creek stuff? I like to save money, but I bought a 30 cal can from the 1500 of some guys stuff and I was very unimpressed... Had to disassemble and look down the barrel to be sure I didn't have a squib on more than one.

Otherwise Freedom is $187.50 shipped, unless the shipping deal is off again...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You ever shoot the rush creek stuff? I like to save money, but I bought a 30 cal can from the 1500 of some guys stuff and I was very unimpressed... Had to disassemble and look down the barrel to be sure I didn't have a squib on more than one.

Otherwise Freedom is $187.50 shipped, unless the shipping deal is off again...

I haven't, sorry. It's only a $4 difference for you, so I'd go with the known quantity.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom