• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    First off you can speed in any car it doesn't have to be fast. You can even speed in a moped if you aren't careful.

Unless you have some MAJOR upgrades on that saturn you wouldn't stand a chance. Let me know if you want to meet up at bunker hill this summer and we can run them. I traded my cobalt ss/sc that had a lot of upgrades including a stage 2 supercharger system (stage 2 supercharger pulley, 60lb fuel injectors, and computer reprogrammed) cold air intake, Loudmouth exhaust. I never made it to the track with it but it was fast, could very easily smoke a v8 mustang. However with front wheel drive its really hard to get a good launch with good traction out of the gate. My charger only has a intake, exhaust, and computer programmer and it is easily faster than my cobalt was. My chargers estimated HP is around 425. Again let me know if you want to run them at bunker hill.

Ah, you're modded.....:):

agreed, Ion redline(225-230whp), its difficult to launch, and mine is 3lbs upboost with no torque management in first, no boost cut in 4th or 5th.....The only 2 hemi powered lx chassis cars I've run were stock, and held dead even with each at muncie....the tune makes more of a difference

I wish I had one of the uncommon sky redlines, and props for a former css owner, did you ever autox it?

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Ah, you're modded.....:):

agreed, Ion redline(225-230whp), its difficult to launch, and mine is 3lbs upboost with no torque management in first, no boost cut in 4th or 5th.....The only 2 hemi powered lx chassis cars I've run were stock, and held dead even with each at muncie....the tune makes more of a difference

I wish I had one of the uncommon sky redlines, and props for a former css owner, did you ever autox it?

nope never have. I've only ran it on a homemade track in the middle of nowhere in SC. there was no way of getting timed. You just raced until you lost. I ended up losing to a STI with a few mods. Traction is definatly a problem with FWD cars. The STI's are AWD and he ripped me out of the hole. He never pulled away but i wasn't able to come back from it.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    nope never have. I've only ran it on a homemade track in the middle of nowhere in SC. there was no way of getting timed. You just raced until you lost. I ended up losing to a STI with a few mods. Traction is definatly a problem with FWD cars.

with where I'm at, it wasn't horrible running autox with 9" wide autox tires......lol

You could burn them off if you wanted to though

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    with where I'm at, it wasn't horrible running autox with 9" wide autox tires......lol

You could burn them off if you wanted to though

The STI's are AWD and he ripped me out of the hole. He never pulled away but i wasn't able to come back from it.

I've always raced with stock tires, perelli p zero Rosso i think they were.

and always in a straight line, cornering wasn't too bad but not what i wanted.

Do you get a lot of wheel hop with yours? mine did, i had to put torque dampners on to help the motor mounts.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    The STI's are AWD and he ripped me out of the hole. He never pulled away but i wasn't able to come back from it.

I've always raced with stock tires, perelli p zero Rosso i think they were.

and always in a straight line, cornering wasn't too bad but not what i wanted.

Do you get a lot of wheel hop with yours? mine did, i had to put torque dampners on to help the motor mounts.

Nope, for some reason mine never had that issue, but I have poly inserts. Have you been to muncie dragway since they redid the track? Its amazingly grippy now

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Phazer's are legal in Indiana... and in our "tests" they work well. (The local police that helped with the test use older radar guns though, so your mileage may vary) If you do get a ticket, the manufacturer will pay your fine.

Or, you could just buy one of these:
    112_Tomahawk_Frontzoom+Dodge_Tomahawk+Full_Left_Side_View.jpg

Top Bottom