• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I missed this when it happened too. Too bad, RIP Eli. He had a great crazy-eyed expression.

I guess I am getting cranky and critical in my old age, I watched the duel ("truel"?) clip that CathyinBlue put up and now I notice all the continuity errors when Lee Van Cleef gets shot into the grave... Also never noticed before that Van Cleef was missing the end of one finger.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    As the propieter of a small gun shop I kind of like this scene....Man I wish I could have range out back like this guy had at his shop...

[video=youtube;meP_Ufwj-FY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meP_Ufwj-FY[/video]

Was an officer in WW2 as well....I guess I first remember seeing him as playing the "ElJeffe Bandito" in "The Magnificent Seven."

[h=2]Early life[edit][/h]Wallach was born in Red Hook, Brooklyn, at 156 Union St., a son of Jewish immigrants Abraham and Bertha (Schorr) Wallach, both from Poland. He had a brother and two sisters,[SUP][1][/SUP] with his family being the only Jews in an otherwise Italian American neighborhood.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] His parents owned Bertha's Candy Store.[SUP][4][/SUP] Wallach graduated in 1936 from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in history.[SUP][5][/SUP] While at the university, he performed in a play with fellow students Ann Sheridan and Walter Cronkite.[SUP][6][/SUP] In a later interview, Wallach said that he learned to ride horses while in Texas, adding that he liked Texas because "it opened [his] eyes to the word friendship." He explained, "You could rely on people. If they gave you their word, that was it ... It was an education."[SUP][7][/SUP]
    Two years later he received a master of arts degree in education from the City College of New York.[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] He gained his first method acting experience at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City, where he studied under Sanford Meisner.[SUP][10][/SUP] There, according to Wallach, actors were forced to "unlearn" all their physical and vocal mannerisms, while traditional stage etiquette and "singsong" deliveries were "utterly excised" from his classroom.[SUP][11][/SUP]
    Wallach's education was cut short when he was drafted into the Army in January 1941.[SUP][1][/SUP] He served as staff sergeant in a military hospital in Hawaii and later sent to Officer Candidate School (OCS) in Abilene, Texas to train as a medical administrative officer. Commissioned a second lieutenant, he was ordered to Casablanca. Later, when he was serving in France, a senior officer noticed his acting career and asked him to create a show for the patients. He and his unit wrote a play called Is This the Army?, which was inspired by Irving Berlin's This Is the Army. In the comedic play, Wallach and the other actors mocked Axis dictators, with Wallach portraying Adolf Hitler.[SUP][12][/SUP]

Top Bottom