• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Here's my email chain (read from bottom up) I find it digusting that his councel sights Brady riddle sources instead of IC. I only emailed due to an email i got that pissed me off since it reference IN.

Dear Mr. Theis,

I was forwarded on your message regarding your objection toCongressman Quigley’s recent comments on Indiana’s lax gun laws and theireffect on gun violence in Chicago. I handle gun issues for CongressmanQuigley and wanted to give you some information about the state of Indiana’scurrent lax gun laws. You’re right that when purchasing a firearm througha federally registered gun dealer in Indiana or anywhere in the United States,a NCIS background check is required, but the truth is that around 40 percent ofgun sales in this country are not through FFL’s. 40 percent of firearmssales in the U.S. today happen through private sellers. Unfortunately,under the laws in Indiana and many other states, private gun sellers are notrequired to run background checks. Any Illinois resident could make thefew hour drive to a gun show in Indiana and purchase a weapon from a privateseller with no background check, no waiting period, and no questions asked.

Here is a link to a news report outlining the private saleproblem from Indiana’s New Center: http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/No-Background-Check-No-Problem-Getting-a-Gun-136977103.html

Because of this enormous loophole and the effect it has onthe number of illegal weapons on the streets of Chicago, Congressman Quigleysupports closing the gun show loophole and requiring background checks on allfirearms sales in the country. If you have any additional questions orcomments, feel free to email me directly. Thanks for your time.

Best,

Joe

JosephR. Bushong

LegislativeCounsel

CongressmanMike Quigley (IL-05)

1124Longworth | Washington, DC 20515

(202)225-4061 | joseph.bushong@mail.house.gov

Sender: Damon Theis
    123 Reality Place, Heartland, IN 60657
    Tel: 219-712-1016
    support@eyehit.com
    Received: 02/02/2013

Forward To: Joseph Bushong

Guns
    Your quote: Is completely inaccurate and just plain false. You should know whatyou are talking about before opening your mouth. NO Illinois resident can buy agun in Indiana without an NCIS check and they also have to wait for posessionand the transfer HAS to go through an FFL dealer.
    Quit telling LIES for the media.

Gingrich 'has been in Chicago, and he can see we don't have a Berlin-type wallwith checkpoints around it,' said Rep. Mike Quigley, a Chicago Democrat. 'Youcan go to any gun show in Indiana ... and get a gun without a backgroundcheck.'

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This is what I sent back.

Joe, the article you sight istypical fodder and highly slanted.

And the fact that it’s onlysources are people from the Brady campaign is pretty funny. Way to bebias… The heck with the facts…

It leaves out the FACT that itis illegal for a private party sales between anyone except two Indianaresidents. Someone from Chicago cannot as you think – just walk acrossthe border and buy a gun no questions asked unless the seller is looking tobreak the law himself, which is highly unlikely.

Oh, and if you ever went to agun show, you would find out that the number of FFL’s outweigh private sellersby 10 to 1. Throw your 40% around all you want, but I find it highlycomical that you call it the “truth” in one breath and in the next state thatthere is no paperwork on those sales. How do you get 40% from noevidence?

Point being – There is no “gunshow loophole” so quit spewing false information.

What there is – a lack of NCISon private sales - is not so much because of there being no requirementto do so.

It is because private partiesare not allowed to. They do not allow it. You have to use an FFL todo so, and that costs money. They charge anywhere from $20 to $50 to makea single phone call. Which, by the way, costs them nothing.

Open the system for privatesales and open the phone in system to the public. It would be thateasy. Legal owners don’t want to sell to a criminal.

But quit lying and tellingeveryone that an IL resident can just drive over to IN and buy a gun with noquestions asked. That’s complete baloney and completely illegal.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Before Illinois politicians start telling Indiana what it needs, they may consider looking into why so many of their Illinois resident want to kill each other and Indiana residents apparently don't.

If we have the lax gun laws and that's the problem, why is Illinois the killing field and not Indiana?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    btw, i'm not sure what the heck happend when i pasted that in here, but it messed up a lot of spelling and spacing. I did not send that mess... lol.

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    So if I understand they're logic, on a bigger scale let say for the sake of this story that a nation wide gun ban did go into effect. When the failed results occur, is the government going to blame it on Canada because we all know how dangerous those crazy Canucks are.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So if I understand they're logic, on a bigger scale let say for the sake of this story that a nation wide gun ban did go into effect. When the failed results occur, is the government going to blame it on Canada because we all know how dangerous those crazy Canucks are.
    lol. good analogy.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    OBVIOUSLY, since gun crimes in the land of the lost are on the rise and they cannot be to blame it must be the fault of people in the land of hope. Pleh, build the damn wall and call it a day.

Top Bottom