• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ademus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Greenfield
    Applied for my carry permit on December 23rd and received it this afternoon, just wanted to update anybody who was wondering about current turn around times.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Yep, got my license in three days flat back in October. No record with a not super-common name I feel is what helped.

Of course, I know someone who applied a month after me and is still waiting. Sadly a lot of folks have and are still waiting 6+ months for that silly pink paper.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I moved here to Indiana in 2013 and immediately applied for a permit. It took only 6 days from day of application to receive the permit.
    I may have had a fast track as I have other concealed carry handgun & weapon permits issued by several other states, I am a FFL dealer, and had a security clearance in my prior employment. I spent a lot of my time working outside the USA and had US Customs & Border Patrol identification also.
    I included in the permit application package all my permits, licenses, and government identification. I thought the process was very quick but I seem to move quickly through such procedures.

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    It has been over a month since I applied and still don't have mine. I have a name that is pretty rare. Unfortunately there is some distant relative of mine with the same first name who has multiple incarcerations. I guess he must have been out of the big house a while back because I got several notices from Safe Auto that my insurance was going to be cancelled due to non-payment. I went to the LGS Monday to pick a S&W Bodyguard that I had ordered and was put on hold. They called yesterday and I was able to pick it up. This situation doesn't bode well for me to get my LTCH anytime soon.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I had same success.. applied 12-23-13 received this afternoon :rockwoot:.. 11 calender days and 2 national holidays included

Ademus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Greenfield
    Just got license laminated today...the snow set me back a few days, thanks to everyone who congratulated me... Feels good to carry

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think if you pay on-line & elect to have your finger prints scanned that speeds up the process greatly. I received my permit in 6 calendar days last November and my son-in-law received his in the same time December 2013/January 2014. He had New Years Day in-between his wait. If you fill out the form by hand, pay by money order, and use the FBI ink finger print method; I believe you have selected the "wrong door" and are on the slow track. Of course there may be a few that have a skeleton in the closet that causes issues to produce a delay.

Top Bottom