Quick Poll: Camo or Black rifles more desirable?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DriverAndrew

Marksman
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Columbus
    Was looking at Ambush's AR website and I thought the Realtree Camo was pretty nice. Then I wondered if it would be a huge disadvantage come selling time.. So, being new to the forum, I thought I'd get a few opinions. It seems like black would be 'safer' but maybe there's big interest in the camo..

Your thoughts?

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    resale maybe not as good but a black gun sticks out like a sore thumb in the woods. Depends on what your purpose of using it is for. If you like the camo then get camo.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'd say Camo is going to knock down the re-sale, you have to have just the right buyer looking for it over just a plain one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently bought a Camo AR out of the classy's. It was full of good parts but in person the camo work was 3rd grade. I had it stripped for Ceracoat only to find some etchings and such under that horrible camo work.
    Never again. It does look very nice in black.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This will sound crazy, but why not buy the color you like, the one that fits for the way you intend to use it? Why let a few bucks on the possibility of a resale determine it? If you already KNOW you won't like it and want to keep it, I guess it makes sense, but... Oy.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Can't say as I like black colored rifles any more than black colored uniforms.
    At least during WWII they kinda dressed up with those red arm bands.
    But camo painted rifles are even goofier looking. Reckon plastic is plastic and it has to be some color!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Black may stand out in the woods...but that means you'll be able to find your rifle if you set it down! I have heard of people spending a lot of time looking for their weapon after they took a break or during the packing up process.

I'd go with black but it's entirely up to you. If you're worried about resale it sounds like that's what the survey says.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I almost never consider re-sale when I buy a rifle or pistol. I'm usually buying for a particular use, so I get what I want at the best price I can find, or build it. I seldom to never sell guns. I would think a black AR would appeal to a wider audience, but then someone buying for the same purpose you bought it wouldn't think twice about the color.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got a Mossberg 535 Waterfowl and it came with factory Realtree Advantage Max-4
    I bought it to match the floor mats in my truck for TGCC (Truck Gun Concealed Carry)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I like black rifles, when I take it hunting it usually gets quickly wrapped with McNett's camo (like an ace bandage). Nothing overboard, just a quick wrap on the handguards, stock, sometimes the scope and wherever else I can quickly do it. It's also reusable.

I have 3 different patterns (essentially spring/summer, winter, fall)

Top Bottom