• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Long story short a family member need some extra money so he is selling 2 handguns. I only have enough to buy 1 off him. One is a brand new High Point 45 with laser and the other is an old .38 S&W revolver in about 80%condition. The revolver is chrome and has a few spots that are pitted and the wood grips dont look very good. I do not know the model number but it looks similar to the old model 10 with the thin blade bump sights. The timing seems ok and trigger is pretty good. This purchase really is to help out and may be used as a home defense gun. Please NO High Point sucks comments, I own a C9 that is an amazing gun for the cash. Which would you choose?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    depending on how much you "train" clearing jams and other malfunction drills, the revolver would be a lot easier. It would also be usable by anyone that does or does not train with a semi-auto.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Can I vote "Neither"? Never lend a family member money or buy something from a member. High potential of ending badly.

If I had to choose, the .38 revolver would be my choice.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    The .45 auto would be my choice for home defense.
    The revolver could be prettied up, but that would take some coin you're likely not going to spend and you'd gain nothing for the intended purpose.

Top Bottom