• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I shoot the 38+p & it's got some kick to it, but it's extremely light weight - I think 13 oz empty. Fits nicely into the front pocket of a pair of khakis with a desanti nemesis pocket holster.

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    In contrast to others, I have owned both and prefer the S&W 442. I liked the LCR a lot, but it felt and carried a lot larger than the Smith. I simply could not pocket carry the LCR, but can easily pocket carry the 442. The LCR grip made it more comfortable to shoot, but it just wouldn't fit in most of my pockets without the grip becoming visible at the top.

The LCR did carry nicely IWB for me--but when carrying IWB, I may as well be carrying my G27 with twice as many rounds in a somewhat more potent caliber. So--purely for ease of carry, I switched to the Smith.

One advantage of the LCR that I do miss, though, is that since the frame is made of polymer, there really isn't a finish to scratch as there is on the 442/642 revolvers. My 442 finish is holding up perfectly so far, but I have heard that with extended carry the matte finish does start to show some wear, which would not be an issue with the LCR. This is, of course, purely cosmetic, but I do prefer my guns to look nice, all else being equal!

Top Bottom