Questions about WW2 vintage US flags? (D-Day commemoration)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So far I'm working on this picture for Vets to sign.I dont want to have too much text to leave room for signatures but I wanted to include the allied flags.

capture dday 71.JPG

Meh or good? :dunno:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My recommendation: move the 70th anniversary thing to the top middle, move the flags to the corners of the pic. Make sure you take out the green 'size adjustment' squares around the edge of the pic before you print it.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I went and pulled mine out of the closet it's a Annin Defiange 48 star flag there seems to be a few on ebay. The tag says Annin Defiange Cotton bunting 2 ply moth proof. Might help you

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My recommendation: move the 70th anniversary thing to the top middle, move the flags to the corners of the pic. Make sure you take out the green 'size adjustment' squares around the edge of the pic before you print it.

capture dday 72.JPG

I moved the "70th" to the right and scrolled the picture down since too much of the top was behind the flags.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I moved the "70th" to the right and scrolled the picture down since too much of the top was behind the flags.

I'm going to find something to change with everything you post, so here:

What about moving it again, but this time to the bottom right corner and then putting a little bit of a space between the flags?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I think the point is although its technically a no-no, combat veterans earned the right to be given a pass for respectful signatures and markings on a flag. They fought for and had brothers and sisters die fighting for that thing and all it represents.

While I nor any politician has any right to sign or mark on Old Glory due to those rules, I would not second guess a vet for doing so in a respectful manner. He/She earned it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    d day 3.JPG

If I put space between the flags it will look weird as the top of the picture is behind the flags, it doesn't go all the way to the top of the flags.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If I put space between the flags it will look weird as the top of the picture is behind the flags, it doesn't go all the way to the top of the flags.

So far I like this the best...but...

I originally suggested the flags in 4 corners but didn't give a reason - I'm thinking if you do happen to find vets from other countries that gives them a 'quadrant' with their flag where they can sign...just a thought, but as promised I have to suggest a change to everything you post

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So far I like this the best...but...

I originally suggested the flags in 4 corners but didn't give a reason - I'm thinking if you do happen to find vets from other countries that gives them a 'quadrant' with their flag where they can sign...just a thought, but as promised I have to suggest a change to everything you post

I see.
    Im not sure if I can meet Vets from other nations besides those four who landed that day. :scratch:
    I know more than 4 countries where part of the allies but dont think other nations sent troops to land that day.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I see.
    Im not sure if I can meet Vets from other nations besides those four who landed that day. :scratch:
    I know more than 4 countries where part of the allies but dont think other nations sent troops to land that day.

I'm saying if you put 'Murica's flag in the top left, people from the US can sign in the top left area. If you put Canada in the bottom left, people from Canada can sign in the bottom left...and so on...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm saying if you put 'Murica's flag in the top left, people from the US can sign in the top left area. If you put Canada in the bottom left, people from Canada can sign in the bottom left...and so on...

Yeah I get that.
    Im just saying that I might see Vets from Australia or whatnot even if they were not part of the D Day landing.In that case I'm missing flags but I usually just see those four represented on D Day memorabilia. :dunno:

Top Bottom