• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I was going to get a 10/22 for plinking and came across a deal at 21st Century.

Anyhow I chose the Bull Barrel 597 because I like the feel of it better. I was hoping it shot well and after a few hours at the range I feel it did very well.

597LSHB3.jpg

Anyhow, after some sighting in after a home bore sight job which left me high and left, I was in better shape.

I did it all at 50 yards. I have a cheap 3x9X40 BSA scope on her.

597at50yards.jpg

So after reading a lot about the 10/22 and the 597, I have a few things to say. The rifle did not jam much, especially with the MkIII magazine. The 30 round magazine from Remington also did well (that is the center of the target). I used Fed bulk ammo.

I am VERY pleased with this rifle and I will shoot better when it is not 28 degrees and my toes are hurting :)

Any comments from INGO members on the Remington 597?:ingo:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have the similar model with the silver finish. Once I threw away the crap older style factory mags and got newer style ones it shoots really well and I like the handling.
    I have it and a stock 10/22 that when I shoot side by side overall I like the handling of the 597 better. I like the customizing capability of the 10/22, but honestly I bought it to be a beater varmit rifle. I got the 597 for semi-serious target shooting and it has not disappointed.

Last edited:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have both ...both are good shooters , i like the customisation factor of the 10/22 .
    but i was raised on remingtons and will always love them , my 597 is very very accurate straight from the box ...:patriot::twocents:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have had mine for about 2 years now. When I first bought it I had problems with one of the 10 round mags. All others I have bought have worked fine. Just need to keep them clean, and spray a little rem oil in them. It has worked well for me. As far as accuracy, it is dead on. I think it is well balanced, more so then a 10/22 and it has a good trigger. I have sht everything from bulk, to sub sonics, to cci, and all have functioned no problem.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I like shooting bulk ammo at cans, but I've found that CCI standard velocity gives much better accuracy at reasonable cost in my 10/22. buy a box each of as many different ammo as you can get ahold of and see what they will do.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    I have the 597 and the it is awesome. i personally use the cci mini mags and the accuracy is some much better than the bulk ammo. have fun shooting

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    My dad has the Remington. I have shot it quite a bit and it is an outstanding rifle. It is very accurate and very reliable. The only problem I had with it was shooting Remington golden bullets. All other ammo worked great. The gun with a scope was only $250....

Top Bottom