• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I have a friend who lives here and has for quite a long time owns a house is married and has a kid, but I don't believe he has his American citizenship, what I wanna kno is would he be able to buy a handgun or would I be able to sell him a handgun, he is an Indiana resident as far as I kno

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have a friend who lives here and has for quite a long time owns a house is married and has a kid, but I don't believe he has his American citizenship, what I wanna kno is would he be able to buy a handgun or would I be able to sell him a handgun, he is an Indiana resident as far as I kno
    If he has his Indiana drivers license and you don't suspect him of being a criminal, you should be able to sell him a weapon.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    If he has his Indiana drivers license and you don't suspect him of being a criminal, you should be able to sell him a weapon.

That's what I kinda thought, and the guy is a good friend, no criminal, just lookin to purchase a handgun for home defense and eventually wants to carry it as well, I was just inquiring as I couldn't find anything down to a point

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    You are kidding right?

Nope why would I be kidding? As Roadie pointed out all you need is your INS number if your legal. I came to the States 42 yrs ago as a small child, when my parents immigrated here from Canada the legal way! I consider the United States my home and would do everything I can to protect it. I had LTCH prior to becoming a citizen. I became a Naturalized Citizen almost 2 yrs ago.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Being an FFL dealer for ten years(retired), in a college town, yes non
    citizens can buy firearms, handguns or long guns. Yes, they
    would have to produce a state I.D. card or D/L, show 90 day
    proof of residency, list allien registration number and thats about
    it. The dealer calls in the 4473 and in most cases the process
    takes a little longer than normal, in most cases they get
    the firearm.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Call your sherrifs department and explain the situation to them and they could give you the best answer.

LOL, a guy at my local range had a GSG .22 Pistol. You know the MP-5 look alike in pistol form. He told me that he had on order a shoulder stock for it to make it look more like an MP-5. I said, "WHOA". I explained what a short barreled rifle is and his answer was that he had spoken to the local sheriff who said it was fine. I know the local Sheriff personally and believe the individual.

Do you think the BATFE would care that you relied on the legal advice of a person whose only qualification is that they are 18 and not a convicted felon.

I believe the penalty is up to 10 years in prison and you serve 85% of federal time. It would have been a shame for him to go to prison for 8.5 years because he asked the sheriff.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    LOL, a guy at my local range had a GSG .22 Pistol. You know the MP-5 look alike in pistol form. He told me that he had on order a shoulder stock for it to make it look more like an MP-5. I said, "WHOA". I explained what a short barreled rifle is and his answer was that he had spoken to the local sheriff who said it was fine. I know the local Sheriff personally and believe the individual.

Do you think the BATFE would care that you relied on the legal advice of a person whose only qualification is that they are 18 and not a convicted felon.

I believe the penalty is up to 10 years in prison and you serve 85% of federal time. It would have been a shame for him to go to prison for 8.5 years because he asked the sheriff.

That doesn't surprise me at all, sadly. We have had several stories of gun owners being told by LEOs that it is OK to transport a pistol to the range without an LTCH :n00b:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Call your sherrifs department and explain the situation to them and they could give you the best answer.
    Please don't do this! We have numerous instances, right here on INGO where the police have given erroneous information to members. Cops aren't lawyers and shouldn't take the place of them. All it takes is one officer who's ignorant of the laws to cause a heap of trouble for someone.

Top Bottom