• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Had an ex that loved revolvers. She was interested in one once, I let her loose at the 1500. She said "FOUND ONE" that she loved: Smith 686 SSR. Sorry love, can't handle the price! :D:D

Some folks are dead set on "I'll be the big man and teach the little lady something else before she goes back into the kitchen" types that are disgusting. Many ladies I have met at Eagle Creek that are there to learn to shoot end up shooting better than their boyfriend! Goes to show what alot of men dont know!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Everybody's talking about the controls of the semi-auto's,
    nobody's mentioning what it takes to clean them...

Just sayin'.

I've taught several women to shoot, but none have wanted to learn how to maintain them.

Last edited:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Had an ex that loved revolvers. She was interested in one once, I let her loose at the 1500. She said "FOUND ONE" that she loved: Smith 686 SSR. Sorry love, can't handle the price! :D:D

Some folks are dead set on "I'll be the big man and teach the little lady something else before she goes back into the kitchen" types that are disgusting. Many ladies I have met at Eagle Creek that are there to learn to shoot end up shooting better than their boyfriend! Goes to show what alot of men dont know!

According to a gun instructor I've spoken to, women follow directions much easier than men. In this case, they end up shooting // handeling firearms better than their male counterparts.

My ol' lady has a 1911 for HD - she wouldn't know how to break it down and clean it. She sure knows how to deselect safe and start squeezing the trigger.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well if she's not interested, that's a little different than just saying "she wouldn't know how".
    The first way made it sound like she'd never had opportunity to try it at all.

WheelGloryDame

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    These United States of America
    Every single time (so far without exception) I go with my husband to a 1500, this happens at least once.
    Me: (standing near my husband who is looking at a certain booth) Sees a gun I am interested in and ask the man behind the table a few questions about the gun.

Man behind the booth: Answers my questions fully, but while looking not at me, but at my HUSBAND!!! One time while the man was in the middle of talking, I quickly pushed myself in-front of my husband and looked the guy straight in the eyes making clear that I was the one who asked the question. HE STILL LOOKED OVER MY HEAD AT MY HUSBAND!!!

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ok as for discrimination when I go to look at guns I am interested in, I have experienced very little. For the most part men seem very helpful, I have found that sometimes the WOMEN who are at the shops are not interested in helping me at all(which I can not understand for the life of me). For the most part guys seem to really enjoy telling me about different guns and the different aspects of them, and I enjoy listening and learning about them. I would be really pissed off if someone thought I was not intelligent enough to learn/care for a semi auto.

As for cleaning a semi auto it is not easy, but I did it all on my own the other night and yeah it was not the most fun to learn how to do it on my own but if I can do it and I am a newbie and only had pictures to go from and written instructions..well any female with a quarter of a brain can do it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Every single time (so far without exception) I go with my husband to a 1500, this happens at least once.
    Me: (standing near my husband who is looking at a certain booth) Sees a gun I am interested in and ask the man behind the table a few questions about the gun.

Man behind the booth: Answers my questions fully, but while looking not at me, but at my HUSBAND!!! One time while the man was in the middle of talking, I quickly pushed myself in-front of my husband and looked the guy straight in the eyes making clear that I was the one who asked the question. HE STILL LOOKED OVER MY HEAD AT MY HUSBAND!!!

Oh yeah! I can go one better! When I went to my very first gun show, I asked a question and the vendor answered the man nearest me... a stranger.
    The guy looked at the vendor and walked off mid-sentence and the vendor stopped talking.
    Way back in the day, I wasn't as mouthy and persistent as now...so I just walked off.
    Wish I had a do-over.
    And a tactical spork!!:rockwoot:

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I had a similar experience @ a gun store in morgan county 3 yrs ago. Unbeknownst to the fellow behingd the counter that my wife is well versed in firearms she asked to look at a 1911 full size and he told her that it would be too much for her to handle and then proceeded to show here a lady smith wheel gun (airweight ithink). see my wife is a nurse(icall here nurse ratchet lol) bcause she is very foward and downright evil at times with Me, but you have to be that way sometimes in her career to deal with non compliant patients. anyways im getting off track here so she opened her coat to exposed a cleared empty well, colt officers 1911 and proceeded to dig into this mans chest for a few minutes about he "shouldnt assume that just because a woman asks to see a particular gun that that handgun wouldnt be a good choice for her and that all females are different, just like men, some men dont like the feel of a full size dbl stack grip or some men dont like a sub fell etc, etc..."

I laughed so hard i had to go across the street to use the facilitys as it made me dang near wet myself. I got back and she was holding the firearm she wanted to purchase getting ready to fill out 4473. the man was so caught off guard and redfaced and embarrased, heck he was just straight flustered. but hey he made good of his err and we gots her a new polymer 1911 for 30 less and he paid he taxes, and he did appologize to her in his own way! I was cheesing a smile al the way home knowing in my heart that i got me a woman who will def speak her mind, i mean she didnt even give me a chance to beat my gum to him about it at all. i would have been a bit more rational but this truly is a subject in todays world that still needs to be improved upon. Man I love my wife, and she will always be My equal as well as my best friend

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My wife and I had a similar experience @ a gun store in morgan county 3 yrs ago. Unbeknownst to the fellow behingd the counter that my wife is well versed in firearms she asked to look at a 1911 full size and he told her that it would be too much for her to handle and then proceeded to show here a lady smith wheel gun (airweight ithink). see my wife is a nurse(icall here nurse ratchet lol) bcause she is very foward and downright evil at times with Me, but you have to be that way sometimes in her career to deal with non compliant patients. anyways im getting off track here so she opened her coat to exposed a cleared empty well, colt officers 1911 and proceeded to dig into this mans chest for a few minutes about he "shouldnt assume that just because a woman asks to see a particular gun that that handgun wouldnt be a good choice for her and that all females are different, just like men, some men dont like the feel of a full size dbl stack grip or some men dont like a sub fell etc, etc..."

I laughed so hard i had to go across the street to use the facilitys as it made me dang near wet myself. I got back and she was holding the firearm she wanted to purchase getting ready to fill out 4473. the man was so caught off guard and redfaced and embarrased, heck he was just straight flustered. but hey he made good of his err and we gots her a new polymer 1911 for 30 less and he paid he taxes, and he did appologize to her in his own way! I was cheesing a smile al the way home knowing in my heart that i got me a woman who will def speak her mind, i mean she didnt even give me a chance to beat my gum to him about it at all. i would have been a bit more rational but this truly is a subject in todays world that still needs to be improved upon. Man I love my wife, and she will always be My equal as well as my best friend

Reminds me of something Cathy did once. She's generally quite quiet and anxious to be nice, but a guy at a gun counter in a store I had previously really liked P/O'd her to no end. First time she'd been asking questions about the .17 HMR, and the guy just walked off in mid-sentence. Not even to pretend to take care of another customer. I was able to convince her that maybe he'd just been having a really bad day, because I'd always gotten outstanding service there. So, we went back. Cathy had her eye on a .22 pistol, and was going to buy it. I was just standing back, looking at other stuff because it wasn't my purchase. The same guy looks her right in the eye, yells "NEXT" and then went to the guy who had gotten there after Cathy. An action followed by the store echoing to the sudden sound of my previously demure day care teacher wife thundering out "HEY A**HOLE, I'M NEXT AND YOU KNOW IT. GET YOUR A** OVER HERE SO WE CAN DISCUSS YOUR ATTITUDE PROBLEM. WE NEED A MANAGER AT THE GUN COUNTER, NOW!!!!"

Me and Sean watched Cathy deliver a drill sergeant style butt chewing to the both of them, a 30 minute harangue. I kept waiting for the manager to kick her out, but he just stood there with his mouth open. When she was done with him, she laid out cash on the counter, pointed to the gun she wanted, and said that that cash would be spent for that gun, as well as the shopping cart of camping gear I had, at Cabellas. Then she stalked past me, snarled "follow me, we're leaving." Yes ma'am!! And off we went for a nice afternoon drive to Hamburg. Never seen her like that before or since. LOL

Top Bottom