• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You pull someone over for normal traffic stop. Exchange pleasantries and what not. They do not inform that they have a gun and a license. After a few moments you notice a gun. How do you react?

I ask this because I am having a conversation with an officer on FB and in that very scenario he said he would draw his gun and have it pointed at the driver.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Is his name Daniel Harless by any chance?

:nuts:

No, but I did bring that name into the conversation and told him we just want to get home at the end of the day too since he brought it up. Still waiting on an answer to how he would handle an encounter of someone OC'ing just walking down the street. No response yet

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Too many variables here.

THEN YOU SEE A GUN...

Is it being waved around?

Pointed at me?

Does it appear sawed off?

Did the officer do his due diligence and run the driver to check for LTCH?

Is the driver under the influence of a substance such as alcohol or narcotics?

Is the driver being combative or disrespectful and unreasonable / irritated?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You pull someone over for normal traffic stop. Exchange pleasantries and what not. They do not inform that they have a gun and a license. After a few moments you notice a gun. How do you react?

I ask this because I am having a conversation with an officer on FB and in that very scenario he said he would draw his gun and have it pointed at the driver.

As long as it isn't pointed at me or anyone else I could care less.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

ell him he's a **** tard. Must suffer from little man syndrome

i hope it happens to him and the victim (yes victim) sues his department and gets him fired.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Too many variables here.

THEN YOU SEE A GUN...

Is it being waved around?

Pointed at me?

Does it appear sawed off?

Did the officer do his due diligence and run the driver to check for LTCH?

Is the driver under the influence of a substance such as alcohol or narcotics?

Is the driver being combative or disrespectful and unreasonable / irritated?
    Just like my OP said just a normal stop and then you happen to see a gun that you did not previously see. No need to add a bunch of other info. Nice pleasant stop, then you see a gun.

We really need cops like you guys down here training these nancy boys

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012

This. I work in a small rural community. I deal with at least one person per shift that either informs me they have a firearm on their person or in the vehicle with them. Ill usually then ask them what they carry, and how long they have been carrying for.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Just like my OP said just a normal stop and then you happen to see a gun that you did not previously see. No need to add a bunch of other info. Nice pleasant stop, then you see a gun.

Negative ghost rider. You want a legitimate response, ask a legitimate question.

There is never such a thing as a "routine" traffic stop.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Negative ghost rider. You want a legitimate response, ask a legitimate question.

There is never such a thing as a "routine" traffic stop.

I believe by "routine traffic stop" some people are referring to a stop predicated on the fact that the LEO witnessed a state or local vehicle code violation (brake light out, not signaling, speeding, tailgating, etc...). A non-routine stop would be one where the vehicle is stolen, fits a description of a vehicle used in a robbery, etc... I don't want to speak for that particular poster though, but thought this might help.

Top Bottom