• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I have a Glock 22 Gen4, when it ejects rounds it starts off perfect then as you get fartther into the mag it starts to fling brass closer and closer to you face. My father was actually hit in the forhead how do I fix this or can I

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't know, man...

Other than I've read quite a bit about the recoil spring causing problems on the new Gen 4 G17 pistols. LOTS of talk about the subject over at GlockTalk.

My Gen 3 G17 doesn't have very positive ejection either...

-J-

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Could be an extractor or ejector issue - slightly out of spec or bent. :dunno:

Maybe take it to a Glock armorer and have them take a look?

Alternate:

You're not holding it like this are you?

004gun_468x377.jpg

:D

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My Gen4 G17 smacked me in the face a couple times the first magazine but hasn't done it since.
    Safety glasses and a hat should be worn anyway eliminating this concern.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Maymixed433.jpg

This is my gen4 G22.
    If you look close you can see my brass way above my head, near the tag on the tent. Almost every pic that my wife took with brass in the air flew way up there like that and I've not been hit with it.

That being said, out of all the glocks I saw shot this weekend alot of shooters were getting hit by the brass, as was I, but I was on the ejection side for the timer anyway.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Don't know, man...

Other than I've read quite a bit about the recoil spring causing problems on the new Gen 4 G17 pistols. LOTS of talk about the subject over at GlockTalk.

My Gen 3 G17 doesn't have very positive ejection either...

-J-

Glock is coming out with a replacement spring for those G4 G17's. One of the Glock techs had one in his at the GSSF match this weekend.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That being said, out of all the glocks I saw shot this weekend alot of shooters were getting hit by the brass, as was I, but I was on the ejection side for the timer anyway.

That's cause we don't use factory ammo :D

Some of the guys are I ran or watched at various stages were using some very low powered rounds.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Actually i do shoot like that printcraft:laugh: just left handed. Ill keep u guys updated if i can ever make it to a gun shop and see an armorer

GlockChick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Frankfort
    I have a new 3rd generation G19, and I'm having the same problem. I've read a bit on the subject, and I'm hearing that it could be that 1) the spring on a new gun is really tight, and it will get better after it is broken in, or 2) I should shoot more powerful ammo. I'm not sure if either of these is correct, but I'm all for breaking it in! I shot 300 rounds through it on Saturday, and I'm going to try for a few more this weekend. I've also gotten some 124-grain and 147-grain loads to try. I've tried two different brands of 115 grain (both factory), and I've gotten pegged by both.

I'll be interested in what you learn.

Lori

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have a new 3rd generation G19, and I'm having the same problem. I've read a bit on the subject, and I'm hearing that it could be that 1) the spring on a new gun is really tight, and it will get better after it is broken in, or 2) I should shoot more powerful ammo. I'm not sure if either of these is correct, but I'm all for breaking it in! I shot 300 rounds through it on Saturday, and I'm going to try for a few more this weekend. I've also gotten some 124-grain and 147-grain loads to try. I've tried two different brands of 115 grain (both factory), and I've gotten pegged by both.

Lori

Not trying to be wierd here, but a little advice for you until you figure the problem out. Do not wear any "V" neck shirts when you shoot. If you are getting brass coming back at you the last thing you want is 2nd to 3rd degree burns on your chest. There was a lady at the GSSF match that almost had one go down her shirt and I winced. She even made the comment that she has had 2nd degree burns there.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have a Glock 22 Gen4, when it ejects rounds it starts off perfect then as you get fartther into the mag it starts to fling brass closer and closer to you face. My father was actually hit in the forhead how do I fix this or can I
    Make sure that you're not "limp wristing" the gun after the first few shots.
    That will cause short stroking and forehead bumps from the brass.
    Glocks have to be shot with a FIRM grip.
    Gen four springs are supposedly more sensitive to that issue.
    Mike

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Lori

I also have a Gen3 G19. I had this issue with my G19 and with my Taurus 9mm and what I found out it seemed to be the ammo I was using. I was using the Winchester 115gr target rounds that come in the 100 value pack. Not all of them but some of them would fly back and hit my hat, land in the hood of my sweatshirt and even a few in my shoes! At the time that was the only 9mm I could find in town. Not anymore, I have a new source. But I do prefer to shoot 124gr and I'm interested in the 147gr (considered subsonic I think) to see how they perform.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I have been shooting Winchester 165 gr. target rounds, cause its down the street at Wal-mart. I really dont want to have to run to Indy to pick up practice ammo, but i will if i have to.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

:): @ the Crossman BB pistol. Classic!

As to the OP, I have found that the Winchester (WWB) rounds are slightly longer in OAL than any others I have. (BlazerBrass, Remington, S&B, Federal, RWS) They will not run in my High Power at all while the shorter rounds run perfectly. It will fail to eject every time, no matter which mag I use. In my G32 with LWD 9mm barrel and G19 mags WWB runs great but I have had it fling the brass to my left.
    My theory is that the bullet tip of the next round in the mag is hitting the rim of the fired case as it is extracted. This knocks it loose of the extractor and in my HP, stays in the chamber (90%) or in the action(10%) due to the small port in the slide. On the open top of the Glock it just goes all over.

Try some different ammo and see if the pattern changes. Wal-Marts in the area have had the Federal 115gr 50rnd boxes for $9.47, I have had good luck with those.:yesway:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I run winchester white box ammo from Wal Mart whenever I'm target shooting through my Glock 22 Gen 3 and I have only been hit by brass twice in the last 7 or 8 years that I've owned it. Both times it was because I wasn't firm enough with my grip.

Top Bottom