• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    The G-36 has never had a rail on it whereas the G-26, 27, 29, 30, and 39 do have the rail!

Glock has managed to slim down the grip size on several of their larger-framed pistols, such as the G-20 (10mm) and G-21 (.45acp) as well as their compact counterparts, the G-29 and the G-30 respectively! However, I have never seen the G-36 grip shortened to accomodate a smaller hand size!

Sartwell...the G-36 in .45acp is an excellent personal defense pistol, carrying 6+1 of .45acp rounds! Congradulation's on getting one!

Q: Did you get it from Jerry's?
    I picked it up at Freedom Arms.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    First, congrats on the G36 purchase!

Just to clarify (and this is being really technical), according to Glock, the G29 and G30 are "subcompact" models and these models may have rails. Here is the current US line up:
    Full Line of Pistols | GLOCK USA

I am not disagreeing that these models are large and are close to the size of the compact models (G19, G23, G25 LE model, G32, and G38) and are larger than the other "subcompact" models (G26, G27, G28 LE model, G33, and G39). In fact, my G36 fits in my compact Raven holster just fine, but the fact is, it is a "subcompact", according to Glock.

Sorry for being so technical.

Top Bottom