Question for fellow Android users, any new problems since last update.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wife & I have identical LG2 phones. We have both loved them, but both are having issues since the last Android update 2-3 weeks ago.

A couple of weeks ago, when using the onscreen keyboard, it will start adding commas in random places. I'll be texting someone, touch the "R" and the screen will show ",R"...Or, when you touch the letter once, it will double post. My Wife's phone is doing the same things. It's a real PITA when trying to type a password....And, it never happened until after the most recent automatic update...

There have been a couple of other weird things it will do also, but it's been a long day and I don't remember

Anyone else running into any issues....
    Edit -6/19 Downloaded the Swype Keyboard and still having the same issue.

Last edited:

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Try using different keyboard software to see it anything changes. Swype is a good one to try out first. It's free on the Play Store. I think they charge for different skins.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Just for giggles you might clean the phone case, especially if it has a screen protector like an otterbox.

I've not noticed any problems other than the keyboard completely crashing and requiring a reboot, but that's a blue tooth issue with the stereo in my truck.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I heard on the news about something similar affecting Samsung Galaxy Series phones and that a fix would be coming soon. Sounds like yours are LG, but if it's on the Android , it may be the same.?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have an LG G2 with Sprint, I am not having that issue... but I am having weak GPS reception ever since the 5.0 update.

... And I have always had an issue with people not being able to understand me unless I hold the phone flat against my face or talk loud.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Lots of problems from my S5. Several widgets stop working at random, and something is a data hog
    First time I've ever used all my data.

Look around in the settings. I have a data tracker in mine that accounts for each meg. Kinda handy seeing which apps phone home too often.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Try using different keyboard software to see it anything changes. Swype is a good one to try out first. It's free on the Play Store. I think they charge for different skins.

Exactly what I was going to say, though I recommend SwiftKey. If that doesn't work, I'd check with your carrier for support. Worst case, if your phones are backed up, you should be able to set them back to factory settings and apply only the updates you want.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My relatively trouble free HTC One M8 has been nothing but trouble since updating. I would have skipped the update but it was randomly switching into "car mode". Not a big deal, just an annoyance. The update fixed the issue but created many more.

Weather keeps switching from current location to Atlanta. Camera keeps switching to "selfie" mode. When I open a text notification from one specific contact, my wife:rolleyes:, I get the message, "unfortunately messaging has stopped". I blame that on her antique iPhone though.;)

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    When I open a text notification from one specific contact, my wife:rolleyes:, I get the message, "unfortunately messaging has stopped". I blame that on her antique iPhone though.;)
    Delete all your old texts from her and it will work again.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Steve Jobs sent the last Android update from hell! It effing sux, it literally destroyed my Note3. I am still trying to figure out where everything went, and trying to relearn how to use my phone!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am having typing issues on my S5 as well. Auto correct will add onto a misspelled word instead of fixing it and will also sometimes place two of the same words back to back for each word I type. The location service has also begun hogging much more data than it used to so I disabled it.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Agreed, something is a miss!

I have never came close to using up my data, this month since the update, I came close to going over my plan and shut off my mobile data.

Anyone know a fix.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have the Galaxy Note 4 and got an update a month or 2 ago and everything went crazy. Apps not working, side key panel randomly opening, and the real pain of the voice search constantly coming on. I did get another update a couple weeks later but it resolved nothing. I haven't received an update to the OS but now I have apps that don't work at all or will not update, just get an error. Was told that if I uninstall the apps and reinstall them they'd work, now some of them wont reinstall and Facebook won't refresh while on wifi. If this issue doesn't get fixed soon I'm switching back to iphone.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I am having typing issues on my S5 as well. Auto correct will add onto a misspelled word instead of fixing it and will also sometimes place two of the same words back to back for each word I type. The location service has also begun hogging much more data than it used to so I disabled it.

I wonder if this is what was hogging my data. I went from barely using 2gig / month to exceeding my 4gig plan for the first time ever.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a Note 3. The biggest issue I am having is the phone will mute it's ringer if the phone rings when it's in my pocket. I hear it ring once, the it rings at a lower volume then not at all. I check the ph and it's muted. I haven't had any keyboard issues.

Top Bottom