• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This thread is really weird. I personally couldn't imagine telling my (original) immediate family to not kiss my kid on the face or mouth.

If I was worried about one of them being "up in their face," well then they would be cut out of my life completely.

It is your daughter, by all means tell him how you feel immediately...It's just really weird to me...You did say he's a scumbag, so maybe you should reevaluate your relationship with him.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I kiss most of my aunts and cousins on the lips, female cousins that is. Just the way we are, hope that doesnt make me any more weird than most here think I am

I generally don't kiss anyone but Kara and Xander on the lips (and occasionally my 3 year old niece), but I don't think it's weird at all. I see it all of the time, I just don't usually do it myself.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My wife was raised that it was ok, I think it's creepy to kiss your kids on the lips. I tolerate it from her as a woman, but definitely would hold a double standard with a male. Thats creepy as hell.

I don't remember being kissed as a child but I always kissed my kids. I kissed my daughter on the lips probably until she was 10 or 12. We quit when she decided she was too old for it and afraid the other kids would make fun of her.

My son was probably about the same age when he quit allowing kisses too.

I have to agree I would be more creeped out with a male relative kissing my kids than a female relative. Although I had a couple in laws that I preferred they not kiss the kids because I thought they were germy.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I kiss most of my aunts and cousins on the lips, female cousins that is. Just the way we are, hope that doesnt make me any more weird than most here think I am

As long as you don't date any of them it's probably ok. Just don't grab their a*s when you do it.

Don't believe that crap that it's ok to date your first cousin. Just say no and walk away. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see your point but only from the drug and addiction angle. My brother had the same issues and it ended him. He could be carrying anything and you do not want that shared with the baby.
    Beyond that, I am surrounded with grand daughters and all of them give kisses and hugs. It would be weird if they did not. The older ones gives hugs and cheek kisses which is fine and more proper. The little ones are affectionate with all of the family members. I did not have that experience growing up. Mom and Dad were cold natured and self centered. I see now what I missed out on and my kids/grand kids will not.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I have 4 daughters and 1 son. Never did I ever kiss them on the lips. The forehead or cheek yes. As far as family they used to do it when they where 6 months or younger. My brother drug addict or not would not have been kissing my kids on the lips. Just my 2 penny's

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Never thought about saying its because of germs. Good idea. I dont know if he means any harm by it (i hope not) so i didnt want to over react but it just drives me crazy. It doesnt bother me for grandparents or really close friends to give her a quick peck on the cheek but doing it over and over and over in a small amount of time just gets to me. I think i will go with the germ thing and see where that goes.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Never thought about saying its because of germs. Good idea. I dont know if he means any harm by it (i hope not) so i didnt want to over react but it just drives me crazy. It doesnt bother me for grandparents or really close friends to give her a quick peck on the cheek but doing it over and over and over in a small amount of time just gets to me. I think i will go with the germ thing and see where that goes.

I would even agree if it was over and over and over that would seem weird unless it was grandma or grandpa

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Gotta tell you. If you were my brother, and I told you I didn't want you to do something with/ to MY child and you told me to kiss your ass then there WOULD be a fight, and that would be the last time you saw MY child for a LOOOOONG time.

If someone didn't trust me "up in their child's face (or however it was worded), then I wouldn't want to be around them or their child ever again, not just a long time.

If I said some of my cousins were kinda hot would that be to weird :laugh:

I should have seen that one coming.

It would bother you if your Mother, the one that gave birth to you, laid down a barrage of kisses on her granddaughters face?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    maybe i should have worded that differant. it wouldnt bother me for my parents to do that but anyone else it would. we dont have anything to do with my wifes family ( even longer story) and they couldnt care less about my daughter anyway so i dont have to worry about them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom