• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This would be a good reason. In which case, maybe he should consider getting rid of the P238 and getting something in 9mm to carry. But no way would I trade a full size handgun for HD purposes for a Rami (unless the full size is junk, which a fs92 certainly is not).

Other than capacity, which we have already debunked, I see no reason for this statement. If it were any other gun, I might agree. But the RAMI is a pretty unique gun.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Curious as to why you wouldn't go with a full size 75/more rounds for the house gun? My RAMI is in .40 w/o the decocker. I'm used to the idea of a safety and a single action first shot.
    You might be better off with the decocker if it is what you're used to.

The full size 75 seems too big for concealed carry. IMO the decocker is better than a plain safety in that once you release it you still have to pull the hammer back for a SA shot unless you go for a DA shot that may not be as accurate in a stress situtation. Hope that makes sense. I am far from an expert in these things.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What's wrong with the guns you already have? The P238 is based off of a 1911 and has (or can have) a VERY nice trigger. The FS92 is also a very good choice for a house gun. I'm just not sure what a CZ Rami is going to do that your current firearms can't do. I'm a big proponent of CZ's, but if you're already comfortable with your current guns, why change? Do you not like something about them? Just looking for something new?

Nothing wrong with either gun, just thinking maybe time for a change and thin the herd. The CZ seems to cover both needs although I haven't handled one yet. Plus, I must confess I'm always doodling over what my next gun should be.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I presume that your Beretta doesn't have a light rail on it?

Because for a "house gun" / night stand gun... No way I'd trade a Beretta 92 for a CZ RAMI.

No light rail on the Beretta. Wouldn't the CZ RAMI pack as much punch considering they use the same round?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This would be a good reason. In which case, maybe he should consider getting rid of the P238 and getting something in 9mm to carry. But no way would I trade a full size handgun for HD purposes for a Rami (unless the full size is junk, which a fs92 certainly is not).

I may sell the SIG and keep the Beretta. The CZ would then by my carry gun. I've always liked that the US Army chose the Beretta.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I may sell the SIG and keep the Beretta. The CZ would then by my carry gun. I've always liked that the US Army chose the Beretta.

The only thing I'll mention there is that the Rami is quite a bit heavier than the P238. Figure you knew that, but it's definitely a consideration. The Rami is a great gun, but I opted to carry my Shield in 9mm due to the thinness and weight difference.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The full size 75 seems too big for concealed carry. IMO the decocker is better than a plain safety in that once you release it you still have to pull the hammer back for a SA shot unless you go for a DA shot that may not be as accurate in a stress situtation. Hope that makes sense. I am far from an expert in these things.

The DA shot from half cock has to be practiced, like anything else, but it isn't a big deal. It can be made to be very smooth.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The only thing I'll mention there is that the Rami is quite a bit heavier than the P238. Figure you knew that, but it's definitely a consideration. The Rami is a great gun, but I opted to carry my Shield in 9mm due to the thinness and weight difference.

I often carry a RAMI. I find the weight to be quite comforting. ;)

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I have owned at least 3-4 Beretta 92's and while they are a well made firearm the stock trigger of a 92 is not as sweet as a stock Rami trigger. Groups fired out of the Rami will beat those of a 92! The Rami comes with a 10 and 14 round mags but will accept any 75B magazine 15, 16, 18, 19, 26 round mag. The Rami is deadly accurate and can ring steel at 90-100 yards consistently. I keep a 19 round mag and 1 in the pipe and a 18 backup mag with my Rami at home and if shtf I would pick up my Rami over a 92 if I still had one!

Last edited:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've carried my Rami as my EDC for about a year. Like BA states it's by far the best shooting subcompact gun I've ever fired. I now have 2. You wil not be disappointed in this gun. And if you are..... Just let me know how much you want for it!!'

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sell your current guns and get two RAMI's. Backup problem solved. Commonality is a wonderful thing.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks to all, love the replies. Might just keep what I have and still get the CZ. I also have a Colt .45 1911 but just use it at the range and when I wander around my brother in laws place in MT.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This is the correct way to go. Don't sell good guns that have actual roles and aren't just range toys.

Thanks to all, love the replies. Might just keep what I have and still get the CZ. I also have a Colt .45 1911 but just use it at the range and when I wander around my brother in laws place in MT.

Top Bottom