• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thinking of a CZ 2075 RAMI to replace my house gun (Beretta FS92) and carry gun (SIG P238). Which is better, the standard safety or the BD model with the decocker? I like the decocker function on my FS92 but could live without it. Any other comments on the CZ 2075 would be appreciated/

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thinking of a CZ 2075 RAMI to replace my house gun (Beretta FS92) and carry gun (SIG P238). Which is better, the standard safety or the BD model with the decocker? I like the decocker function on my FS92 but could live without it. Any other comments on the CZ 2075 would be appreciated/

Curious as to why you wouldn't go with a full size 75/more rounds for the house gun? My RAMI is in .40 w/o the decocker. I'm used to the idea of a safety and a single action first shot.
    You might be better off with the decocker if it is what you're used to.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The RAMI is an excellent choice. It is, to me, the most accurate short-barreled gun I have ever tried. As to the safety/decocker decision, it depends on whether you like to carry cocked and locked. If you do then that is the way to go. If not, I would probably go with the decocker. The safety on the RAMI, like all CZs, only works when the hammer is cocked.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Rami is one of the best subcompacts I've ever shot. Very nice gun and very accurate. It comes stock with one 10 round and one 14 round magazine and I believe you can buy mags that offer even more capacity. I personally liked the decocker over the safety, as I didn't really care for the safety. I didn't feel that it was easy to take it on safe when drawing from the holster, while the decocker makes that moot. On top of how great a stock Rami is, you can get the parts for a CGW pro package installed and make it an awesome gun. I sold my Rami because it didn't really have a necessary place in my arsenal, but I'll admit that I miss that gun every day.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What's wrong with the guns you already have? The P238 is based off of a 1911 and has (or can have) a VERY nice trigger. The FS92 is also a very good choice for a house gun. I'm just not sure what a CZ Rami is going to do that your current firearms can't do. I'm a big proponent of CZ's, but if you're already comfortable with your current guns, why change? Do you not like something about them? Just looking for something new?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I was looking to buy mine I wanted the decocker, but couldn't locate one. The safety version works just as well if you don't mind lowering the hammer to half cock and carrying that way.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I presume that your Beretta doesn't have a light rail on it?

Because for a "house gun" / night stand gun... No way I'd trade a Beretta 92 for a CZ RAMI.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I presume that your Beretta doesn't have a light rail on it?

Because for a "house gun" / night stand gun... No way I'd trade a Beretta 92 for a CZ RAMI.

I may be wrong, but I think the intent is a gun that doubles as both HD and carry weapon. While the 92 is a great gun for HD, it's not as easy to carry a full size gun as a subcompact like the Rami. Again, just inferring from his post.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    And that's the problem. He currently has 2 guns that are VERY nice and capable guns. One for each purpose (home and carry). Why in the world would anyone recommend he sell those to buy a single gun that compromises in the HD purpose?

I may be wrong, but I think the intent is a gun that doubles as both HD and carry weapon. While the 92 is a great gun for HD, it's not as easy to carry a full size gun as a subcompact like the Rami. Again, just inferring from his post.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    And that's the problem. He currently has 2 guns that are VERY nice and capable guns. One for each purpose (home and carry). Why in the world would anyone recommend he sell those to buy a single gun that compromises in the HD purpose?

Why do you think it is a compromise vs. a Beretta 92?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It would be better to keep the beretta and sig. And just save up or sell something else for the CZ.

It's a smart idea to have a HD gun AND a carry gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

To me, I'm not a fan of .380, even though the P238 is the best of that caliber in my mind. I'd much rather carry 9mm. Anyone who has no problem with the .380 round, I'd recommend the P238 as it's reliable and pretty much disappears when you carry it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This would be a good reason. In which case, maybe he should consider getting rid of the P238 and getting something in 9mm to carry. But no way would I trade a full size handgun for HD purposes for a Rami (unless the full size is junk, which a fs92 certainly is not).

To me, I'm not a fan of .380, even though the P238 is the best of that caliber in my mind. I'd much rather carry 9mm. Anyone who has no problem with the .380 round, I'd recommend the P238 as it's reliable and pretty much disappears when you carry it.

Top Bottom