• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    On a recent trip to Florida (Davenport), we stopped at Dick's. I walked up to the ammo counter and asked if they had any .22 LR available and the 2 gents behind the counter laughed in unison. They told me they get 8-10 boxes every Monday morning and they are gone by 11 AM. They stated that the 22 shortage was a national issue. I don't shoot often, but when I do find 22 ammo at a decent price I buy it. The days of $10 bricks (500 plus round count) are long gone. I am surprised there are not more 22 guns for sale due to limited ammo supply.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Get a few friends to agree to certain price point and when one of you finds a deal get it. Best way to split cost and buy good 22lr for a good price. Last time got CCI Standard for $38.00 per 500, this included shipping.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Until the .22 LR situation finally eases up to the point that I can actually find bricks at all, let alone in the $30-$40 neighborhood, I'll just hang onto the roughly 500 rounds of Winchester Wildcat and CCI Standard Velocity.
    Just can't afford to shoot a single round of my limited stash for now.
    Freakin' pathetic state of affairs, and it's doubtful that it'll get better until the libs are shut out of power with no hope of regaining said power for a very long time.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, if you are gauging the state of the .22 market by only what you see online, then that's not the full story. Local availability and pricing seem to be much better than what the national data would indicate.

Which just means we in Indiana are fortunate.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Was at the Walmart in Fishers last night and the guy there could not remember the last time he saw 22 ammo. Frankly, that was the first time I had even looked for ammo at Wally world.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom