• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Advice from Mas Ayoob on what to say in such an instance.
    1. That person attacked me
    2. There is the evidence (point out spent shell casings, dropped weapon, etc)
    3. Those people saw what happened (point out witnesses )
    4. Officer, I'm sure you understand the gravity of this situation. You will have my full cooperation in 24 hours after I have had a chance to discuss with counsel.

Best advise for these situations.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Denny and Massad Ayoob certainly provide the 'most correct' advice, as a 'general' rule.

...You just committed murder/attempted murder (if you're a bad shot), the fact that it was done within the bounds of legal propriety doesn't change that...
    Absolutely incorrect. In the scenario presented by the OP, a homicide or attempted homicide MAY have happened, but that is NOT murder.

Folks acting in defense of their own life or those in their purview would be well-suited to remember that fact.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I think some of you have misunderstood my original question. I was asking about what witnesses who are personally connected to you should do/say/not say afterward, if you happen to have to defend yourselves and them from a BG. Thanks to those who shared their thoughts on this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think some of you have misunderstood my original question. I was asking about what witnesses who are personally connected to you should do/say/not say afterward, if you happen to have to defend yourselves and them from a BG. Thanks to those who shared their thoughts on this.

In my opinion, those "connected" to me in such an event (wife, kids, etc.) should take the same tact like listed in this post:

Advice from Mas Ayoob on what to say in such an instance.
    1. That person attacked me
    2. There is the evidence (point out spent shell casings, dropped weapon, etc)
    3. Those people saw what happened (point out witnesses )
    4. Officer, I'm sure you understand the gravity of this situation. You will have my full cooperation in 24 hours after I have had a chance to discuss with counsel.

Top Bottom