• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Here is an update. Well I have been using the Endura for about a week now. So far I'm very happy with it.

I just wish it had G10 scales instead of plastic handles (yes ok, FRN handles). I like the blade shape / length / material (VG10). I like the feel of it, its a little larger than the Kershaw I was used to carrying. Overall a big thumbs up. I think I'm going to switch to Spyderco for carry and also not collect Kershaw as much as I have in the past.

I dont buy knives off of eBay for fear of fakes. I would rather buy from a reliable credible source. In general does Spyderco have a problem with their knives being counterfeited like some other manufactures say Anza for example?

If this is the case check out TUFFKNIVES - TuffKnives

I'm thinking of sending him a handful of blades to "re-scale" for me. It's a little pricy but his website says he discounts if you send multiple. If you carry and use your knife everyday it'll be well worth it in my book. I'm just trying to decide what to send him first! Maybe this is a future group purchase for some of us here?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Here is a perfect example of counterfeiting that I found on Ebay.
    Take a good look at all 3 pictures that the seller has posted. You should be able to identify at least 3 things that make these counterfeits.

Spyderco Knife not case 5 knifes total all for 1 price | eBay

Lets see how many I guess.
    Atrocious spelling in the listing.
    I have never seen clips like those on a Spyderco before.
    The blade usually only has the logo with out the word Spyderco next to it.
    I have never seen a Spyderco with a giant spider painted on it.

I'm not very well versed on Spyderco so how close was I?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If this is the case check out TUFFKNIVES - TuffKnives

I'm thinking of sending him a handful of blades to "re-scale" for me. It's a little pricy but his website says he discounts if you send multiple. If you carry and use your knife everyday it'll be well worth it in my book. I'm just trying to decide what to send him first! Maybe this is a future group purchase for some of us here?

Good find AirbornePFC, Im just wondering why you have to send your knife to him for scales on a production knife? Why doesn't he just sell the scales to you so you can put them on yourself?

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Good find AirbornePFC, Im just wondering why you have to send your knife to him for scales on a production knife? Why doesn't he just sell the scales to you so you can put them on yourself?

It looks to me like he makes each set custom to order by hand, and who knows what knives he actually owns to model from. It be worth an email to him to find out though.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Lets see how many I guess.
    Atrocious spelling in the listing.
    I have never seen clips like those on a Spyderco before.
    The blade usually only has the logo with out the word Spyderco next to it.
    I have never seen a Spyderco with a giant spider painted on it.

I'm not very well versed on Spyderco so how close was I?

You are correct on everything that you have listed. Here are a few more things, that I noticed.

1. The knives in the pictures are not close to any model that Spyderco makes.
    2. The blade has an extended tang which makes this either a flipper or an assisted knife. I'm not aware of any Spyderco models that are flippers and I'm certain they don't make assisted opening models.

It is pretty obvious that these are counterfeits, but the problem is, I have seen some counterfeits that are very close to the real deal and would be very hard for most people to detect.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You are correct on everything that you have listed. Here are a few more things, that I noticed.

1. The knives in the pictures are not close to any model that Spyderco makes.
    2. The blade has an extended tang which makes this either a flipper or an assisted knife. I'm not aware of any Spyderco models that are flippers and I'm certain they don't make assisted opening models.

It is pretty obvious that these are counterfeits, but the problem is, I have seen some counterfeits that are very close to the real deal and would be very hard for most people to detect.

Good, I reported the listing as counterfeit to eBay. Let them hash it out with the seller.

Top Bottom