• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I have an AR with a Del-Ton upper, and I have another AR with a full DPMS upper on it, both being A-3 Flat tops. I have a Mueller 3x9x40 scope, with 1 inch rings on it. The scope will fit fine on the Del-Ton upper, but will not go onto the DPMS Upper. I used a micrometer on both of them to check my width of upper, and the Del-Ton is .300 slimmer than my DPMS. Do I need to go get new rings for my scope, and if so, how do I go about getting the right ones?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    picatinny rails should all be standardized. im really not sure what is going on with your rifles.

That's what I was thinking. Hmm... Maybe pictures would help.

John, if you can, snap a few pics before you come up, and we'll get them uploaded.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    .300 is huge, .030 is better but still a lot. .003 would be acceptable difference between manufactures.

In regards to DPMS, I have a Hi Rider upper that the rails seems fine for the scope. The upper itself is so freaking tight into all my lowers that I think it is nearly out of spec. I've read a few things about very tight DPMS uppers. Maybe their tolerances are wavering a bit.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    picatinny on the dpms to a weaver rail on the other?

Picatinny and Weaver rail systems both have slots machined into the rail as a whole. One difference between the Picatinny rail and the Weaver rail is the size of these slots, although many rail-grabber-mounted accessories can be used on either type of rail. Weaver rails have a slot width of 0.180 in (4.572 mm), but are not necessarily consistent in the spacing of slot centers. This is most true with the two piece system.

from wikapedia.

Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I actually stated the measurements wrong. I was measuring in millimeters instead of inches. The measurements are not that far off, sorry for misleading. I think I found the problem though. My scope mount height is not right. It fits great on the Del-Ton, but sits too high on the DPMS. Would buying different rings solve this? Sorry for the misleading information, I'm kind of new to this sight. Thanks a lot for all the great information too guys!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I actually stated the measurements wrong. I was measuring in millimeters instead of inches. The measurements are not that far off, sorry for misleading. I think I found the problem though. My scope mount height is not right. It fits great on the Del-Ton, but sits too high on the DPMS. Would buying different rings solve this? Sorry for the misleading information, I'm kind of new to this sight. Thanks a lot for all the great information too guys!

1.47 is usually the proper ring height to get a proper cheek weld on a ar (depending on rail height). ive heard of scopes being mounted to high to get a proper cheek weld, but never so high that it wont mount.

i had alot more technical response typed but i lost it.

Top Bottom