• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    I have had a couple of old cars that did that exact same thing, I always just went back to to neutral, then let the clutch back out all the way, then engage it again...that always solved the problem. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for stalling it out, we all did it...it is embarrassing but don't sweat it!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The stalling thing can be quite funny if you're sitting in the passenger seat and the driver is trying to show off his new WRX (less than 100 miles at the time) during some Subaru meet and cruise. There were probably 20-30 cars that got to see it and they all knew my friend. My friend is pretty much a professional moron. He'd been through 2 clutches in about 1,500 miles and blew the engine before 5,000 miles. It wasn't his 1st Impreza (he had bought a new Impreza sedan a couple years prior) and it was his 3rd manual vehicle. He no longer drives a manual because he has no self control or sense.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    The stalling thing can be quite funny if you're sitting in the passenger seat and the driver is trying to show off his new WRX (less than 100 miles at the time) during some Subaru meet and cruise. There were probably 20-30 cars that got to see it and they all knew my friend. My friend is pretty much a professional moron. He'd been through 2 clutches in about 1,500 miles and blew the engine before 5,000 miles. It wasn't his 1st Impreza (he had bought a new Impreza sedan a couple years prior) and it was his 3rd manual vehicle. He no longer drives a manual because he has no self control or sense.

Wow. How do you do that by chance?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think he watched too many drifting videos and that ended up with the blown engine. The clutch issue was more of trying to show off getting good launches. He is such a bad driver that his 2011 WRX STi got smoked by a stock Cobalt SS.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I think he watched too many drifting videos and that ended up with the blown engine. The clutch issue was more of trying to show off getting good launches. He is such a bad driver that his 2011 WRX STi got smoked by a stock Cobalt SS.

:): My truck...let me tell you about that. You can have the pedal to the metal and it is still a solid ten-fifteen seconds between shifting gears. Maybe more. No power or speed but I get great mileage. I top out at 65.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    :): My truck...let me tell you about that. You can have the pedal to the metal and it is still a solid ten-fifteen seconds between shifting gears. Maybe more. No power or speed but I get great mileage. I top out at 65.

Nothing wrong with that. Might not be the prettiest or fastest but you're getting your hands dirty. That'll make the truck more memorable and worth more than if you were handed the keys to a brand new vehicle.

Top Bottom