• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    About a month ago, I went to the Sheriff's office and applied for a LTCH. And today, it came in the mail. Does this license allow me to buy handguns, even though I'm 19, or does it simply allow me to transport them legally?

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    All the license does is allow you to carry a handgun legally. You have to either purchase a handgun through a private party, which is perfectly legal, or have a parent gift one to you. You don't have to be the owner of the gun you carry, so if your parents have guns, you can carry with their permission, of course.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It is a license to carry a handgun. It has nothing to do with buying them. You can buy from a private individual at 18. You must be 21 to buy from a dealer/shop.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I'm calling BS! Everyone knows they did away with the lifetime license. Lol Seriously, how did you get your permit back in a month when it's taking others so long?

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Somebody just posted today on the LTCH Wait time thread that claimed they paid their dues this past Monday, and got their permit in the mail today. Kinda made me want to throw the :bs:.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I work with a guy that sent his stuff in on July 11th & got his LTCH this past Monday. So it took around a month. I couldn't believe it myself. Took me 13 weeks to receive mine.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Sounds like we're back to typical LTCH application turn around times (i.e. typical before the last panic). That's good to hear.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    before the panic I applied and received mine in about 12 weeks. my wife apllied and got hers in about 2 weeks. she was a new legal immigrant here. ( and btw she was sworn in as a US citizen 2 weeks ago):rockwoot:

piker75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised to receive mine on Saturday after 2 and 1/2 weeks. I wonder if it was faster since I did electronic finger printing...

Top Bottom