• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Getting your own house isn't a cure all unless you are on acreage. I live in a house in a nice neighborhood. A guy a few doors down has an old Camaro. Usually he fires it up on Sunday and revs the hell out of it. Very noisy. Then he shuts it down and a few minutes later repeats the process. I'm not a mechanic, but I believe he would be doing the car better, and sparing his neighbors, by taking it out for a spin. He also has a Packer flag on his garage door FWIW.

Was it frank the tank?
    [video=youtube_share;9I9MDswUeYc]http://youtu.be/9I9MDswUeYc [/video]

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife and I discovered a bit of mold in my oldest bedroom....that's not good.

All else considered...the mold issue alone will get you out of your apt lease! I would document everything (including pics)...speak (nicely) with the landlord/management about the issue simply keeping in the back of your mind that if you don't get cooperation, it's time to zoom! With the documentation and lack of response...if they take you to court (which probably wouldn't happen as you could simply send to their attorney a copy of the documentation and written verbal discussions) and they would probably drop it as you would win (ie, not be required to pay anything)! They might get a little pissy...but let 'em cry! They have to vent sometime!

I went through a similar situation when I lived in NW Indy back in 1997-98...and was release from any futher 'responsibility' with the apt. It also helped that I was friends with the maintainance guy who said they simply repainted and had it re-rented within 2 weeks...they were suing me for 5 months rent!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    All else considered...the mold issue alone will get you out of your apt lease! I would document everything (including pics)...speak (nicely) with the landlord/management about the issue simply keeping in the back of your mind that if you don't get cooperation, it's time to zoom! With the documentation and lack of response...if they take you to court (which probably wouldn't happen as you could simply send to their attorney a copy of the documentation and written verbal discussions) and they would probably drop it as you would win (ie, not be required to pay anything)! They might get a little pissy...but let 'em cry! They have to vent sometime!

I went through a similar situation when I lived in NW Indy back in 1997-98...and was release from any futher 'responsibility' with the apt. It also helped that I was friends with the maintainance guy who said they simply repainted and had it re-rented within 2 weeks...they were suing me for 5 months rent!

I think I may take this route...I'll document it and give them a chance to fix it.

Here's a spot that was patched above washing machine:

IMG_20140112_110528_283_zpsnekxq9l6.jpg

...area next to dryer in laundry room below the patch:

IMG_20140112_110544_941_zpshxoyxwr1.jpg

...and in my daughter's bedroom:

IMG_20140112_110503_976_zpsojteputl.jpg

Now, I suspect this may be coming from the front of the apartment where the flowerbed sits low and all the water runoff funnels in front of our apartment and onto our porch. Hard to describe, I'll have to take pictures in a bit...I suspect that my manager/landlord will use my fish tanks against me and blame them for this mold, however, my fishtank do not evaporate water enough to cause this issue because I do not have to top them off often and I keep them covered so the condensation returns to the tanks.

Top Bottom